Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Upcoming classes and thoughts about the new year...

Christmas is finally over. I hate to be a grinch about it but I am so glad to be done with Christmas. We had a wonderful few days and I'm looking forward to the next few days of winter break, but I'm glad to be done with all of the pressure and planning.

One of the higlights of my Christmas was that my mom bought me a vintage film SLR camera and she gave me some of her dad's old film camera equipment which ended up being  three 35mm film cameras and several lenses. Needless to say - I'm over the moon about it. I can not wait both to photograph the cameras themselves but also to use some of the film my mom gave me. I have been staring at my box of loot all day today, hoping I could get away while the light was good - but there were so many other things to do today and I've got nothing.

My favorite part about this time of year is looking ahead to the new year. I'm a big list maker and New Year's resolution maker. Of course a big part of that list is this blog and my photography classes.  I'm working on putting together a couple e-books. One will be out January first and will be a companion to your new SLR camera (Download the first chapter here). I'm thinking that possibly a class on photo editing would be in order for January as well. I'm also going to be working on a lighthearted e-book on how to improve cell phone photography. I'm super-excited about it. You can get a sneak peak here. I'm really interested in what you - my faithful reader - would like to see.




1 comment:

Branson said...

Sounds like you have been a busy bee! Excited to see it all come together :)