Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Photography Challenge: Favorite


Today's theme is "Your Favorite Photo" and I really struggled with which photo to choose.

I thought I'd post some links to a few of my favorite posts as well. I loved writing this post on lighting, I'm really proud of the photo I took of these gingerbread cookies, I really like the leaf photo I took in that post too. I am super-happy that I finally figured out how to use my speedlight, I adore this Eli photo-dump and this one too, these photos were a step outside of my usual style but one of my favorite sets is this one. I love love love it. But here is my one favorite photo from the past month.

DSC_6454 seventies.jpg

These are also my second-favorite flower. My first favorites are violets.  They are wild here so when I seem them I swoon! I think these are called Wood Sorrell. So what what about you? Post a favorite photo from this month, or a snap a new one of your favorite person, place, thing, your favorite thing about this season - whatever you'd like!

If you haven't linked up with me before here are a few points of bloggy good manners:
Please link up an original photo one that you took, not something pretty you found on Pinterest. Those posts are awesome and we all enjoy them but it's not good manners to link that up with a photography challenge. 
Please link up your blog post/Flickr page url and not just your blog. So for example the link should look like this:http://faith-simplicity.blogspot.com/2011/10/thankfulness-on-monday.html  and not this: http://faith-simplicity.blogspot.com/
Please link back to my blog you can do this by copying and pasting my button code (which you'll find the code for in the handy-dandy box at the top of this post!) into your post, a text link is also fine. Because I'll be choosing a top five please include the link back either directly above or directly below the photo you are linking up thanks - that will help me a lot.
Please leave comments on the other participants blogs - it's more fun if you get comments when you link up! 
You can link up either to your blog or to a Flickr page, you don't have to have any certain level of camera or skill to participate - everyone is welcome! 
Next week's theme is "Gratitude"



12 comments:

Jodi said...

love the color!

Me said...

I've just uploaded my first challenge with you! Yay! Imho, I think, this is by far the best pic I've taken so far. ;)

Seeing Each Day said...

I'm glad this is your favourite photo - and thanks by the way for this particular challenge. Love the depth of field in your shot so that the sole little yellow flower is the focus, even right down to its center. Really lovely.

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Love everything about that photo!

Adriel (The Mommyhood Memos) said...

it's been a while but i'm back! :)

Sarah said...

Very pretty. Love your processing.

Erin said...

Very pretty Faith! I don't know how you find the time. I struggle just to get my camera out these days. Maybe I'll link up today but I can't guarantee anything, lol.

Helen Watson-Jones said...

what a dreamy looking picture, I love it! It looks as though it has a summer haze over it....
ah summer... :o)

Betty Manousos@ Cut and Dry said...

your photo is so magical!
love the lovely blurry background, too.
great depth of field.
very nicely done:)

thanks for

Kristy said...

Lots of beauty here, I'm glad I found your challenge!

homeschoolceo said...

Beautiful! Wonderful DOF ;)
Thanks for hosting the fun!

Kimberly said...

Beautiful flower and photo!