Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Monday, November 21, 2011

Coffee on a Monday


I'm sitting here drinking Golden French Toast coffee from the Holiday Coffee Collection for Keurig (click on the link to get the exact details) with Eli sleeping on my chest. 

The kids are home from school for the entire week. I enjoy having them home so much. I actually got a shower in the morning while Beth held Eli for me and Emma played with Josiah. Heavenly. I also loved not having to get up and make sandwiches and walk to the bus stop first thing in the morning. I sat on the couch while the kids watched Phineas and Ferb and I enjoyed not doing anything but hand out pop-tarts. It is more stressful and I feel the pressure from the added chaos of managing five little people simultaneously and sometimes I snap, but I'm really happy to have them home.

this photo is from Friday

The kids are playing outside (obviously except for Eli) I love it when I send them out "for a few minutes" and they get lost in play. It is such a wonderful, precious moment. The moment when they're not fighting  or complaining. That is magical. The hubs took training wheels off over the weekend and the littles (KA & Jojo) are trying to figure it out. They did brilliantly on Saturday but they are still not 100%.

Living in Georgia has it's benefits, one of which is that you can always count on cold spells to be short-lived. We had a couple days where it was threatening to be winterish but now today I'm sitting here next to an open window wearing a tank top and not the least bit cold. We still have not turned the heat on. On the one or two chilly days we have had I've said "if you're cold go put on a sweatshirt, it'll only be cold for a day or two" it's so much easier to be cold for a day when you know that the next day is going to be warm - and when "cold" is only maybe 60 degrees!

isn't he getting so big?!

Over the weekend Eli turned four months. Can you believe it?! Four months, already. It goes by so quickly. So far he's been exclusively breastfed, I haven't introduced cereal or anything yet - he just seems so little still. I'm sure I introduced juice and cereal to my oldest two by now - it just seems so superfluous at the moment. He's totally satisfied and growing like a spring weed. Plus I have the feeling that he's going to be one of my early weaners. Beth and Katie-Abigail both weaned themselves at about nine months. Emma & Josiah would have nursed until they were four! I had to cut them both off and it was quite a struggle with Josiah - I weaned him finally at two or three. Anyway - Eli only nurses for short periods of time and is easily distracted. I try to capitalize on his sleepy times to get a nice full feeding done (if only for my sake!) so I have a feeling that he'll only nurse as long as it's necessary and then be done as soon as possible. It just makes me cherish these sweet baby days.


I cut Emma's hair this weekend you can see the before & after photos above. She wanted to have less to brush and less for Eli to grab :) She is just the sweetest little girl.

The hubs managed to get all of the laundry done on Sunday - I honestly don't know how he does it! I guess he's more task-oriented than I am and I forget what it was that I was doing. He is amazing. Now just to get it all folded and put away!

Okay - my coffee is gone and it's time to make sandwiches...

3 comments:

Jodi said...

Cute haircut. I hope you have a lovely week faith :)

Kaitlyn said...

I wish we had warm weather like that, it's freezing right now!!!

Love the hair cut!

In our sea of love

Darcie said...

good job on the haircut, i dont think i could do that myself lol