Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Thursday, October 27, 2011

things I did today

played Candy Land with Josiah & Katie-Abigail (aka "the littles")
unpacked boxes of DVDs that have been sitting in the garage since we moved
(it's what KA wanted to do today)
had a dance party with the littles to the end credit music of their movie
unpacked boxes of little kid books
read books
listened to Katie-Abigail read to me
ate chocolate cake in a bowl of milk
looked through photo albums
listened to CDs I haven't played in years
settled a gazillion fights
said "Josiah, stop!" and "Katie-Abigail, calm down" at least a hundred times


Katie-Abigail, reading to me
her poor face is so itchy!


things I didn't do today
reply to emails
read any blogs (boo)
take a good photo with my "big" camera.
cook dinner (I'm so thankful for sweet hubbys who pick up dinner on the way home!)

I am somewhat in awe of my former-self that managed to stay at home all day, every day with all of my kids and I still managed to cook dinner every night and get at least a little bit of stuff done, even when my kids were littler. This is hard. I have to be on and stay on every single minute. If I stop to send a tweet or read my Facebook page I'm interrupted by fights and literally have to pull the kids off of each other. The doctor warned me that this medicine that Katie-Abigail is taking is mood altering and she might be more fragile. I wasn't mentally prepared for how exhausting that would be for me. By two o'clock I'm exhausted, by five I'm beat, by eight I'm falling asleep in my chair. I finally just got my shower - at ten pm.

This is hard. 

Smiling helps. When I feel like I'm starting to loose it I smile at Eli and bask in his huge, infant grin. I hug my kids and tell them how much I love them. Even though at the moment I'm wishing I could just hand the baby to Daniel the moment he walks in the door. I remind myself that this is only for a little while and everything will be easier soon. I take a moment to be grateful that my situation could be lots worse but it's not. I am so blessed. I put on some nice music and remind myself again that I'm so blessed.

5 comments:

Casey Martinez said...

I have one little one...just one, and I understand what you are saying so I truly cannot imagine the exhaustion level with several....can you order a midday room quiet time? Each kid goes to their room to read or play quietly alone for 30 minutes so you can get a sanity break? lol...easier said than done I know. Hang in there momma. I pray that your rest is extra restful for each long day!

Sarah said...

Praying it gets easier for you. I am sure your days are full.

G'mom Becky said...

Yes, my dear one, it is hard for now. Remembering your blessings is what the old writers used to call "keeping an eternal perspective". We have "read the last chapter", so we know how it is all going to turn out good!
Still praying for you!
Mum

Jodi said...

Aw i hope things are a bit calmer soonest for you..

SarahinSC said...

I understand your frustration. Seems like I can rarely get anything done for more than a second without having to step in to monitor my boys. One has bipolar disorder and has some real rapid mood shifts which make steady play not very frequent. Take it minute by minute and pray, pray, pray!