Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Friday, October 28, 2011

Shades of Autumn: red



Thanks to everyone who has been praying for me today - it was so much better than yesterday. I actually got a few minutes of peace and quiet today. I let Katie-Abigail paint, one of her most therapeutic activities, and she was overall more calm. The swelling and redness in her face has diminished significantly as well, however she is still extremely itchy, even with all of the medicine she is taking.

I made some muffins (pictured above) and muffin bread from a recipe that my friend texted me. Yes, it is that easy. 
Here's the recipe:
1 15oz can pumpkin 
1 spice cake mix
1/3 cup water
They are very moist so don't over-bake them. I think I baked the muffins at 350(f) for about 15-20 minutes and the muffin bread was closer to 30 minutes. Yum! Couldn't be easier!

The color challenge today is red - my favorite mug is red and I've been drinking tons of coffee lately (four cups today!) I have to really work at not over-doing it in the caffeine department when the weather turns. I love coffee and tea. Also apples are red and autumnal. So there you go. At least today's post has a photo! Hopefully I'l get a chance to photograph some of the pretty leaves around here tomorrow!

9 comments:

Lish said...

That bread looks so yummy!!!! I totally am with you when it comes to coffee and tea when it starts to get chilly, I just feel like I should always have a hot cup of somthing in my hand!!

alita jewel said...

Oh that recipe sounds like something the boys would just love to make with me. Thanks for sharing!

Adore your red cup. I like rich colored coffee cups especially in the fall/winter. It makes me feel just that much warmer.

Alita

Carletta said...

Lovely images in this collage!
It's all so yummy looking. :)

Glad you had a good day!
Carletta's Captures

Chelsea said...

LOVE that mug!

Sarah said...

Such gorgeous shots. Love your collage.

Tina´s PicStory said...

nice shots. inviting :)

Jodi said...

I have a red starbucks mug that i love.. :)

Great pictures faith :) hope you are doing well..

satakieli said...

I really like the red cup Faith. That muffin bread looks really good too, yum!

Thanks for taking part again in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge!

http://www.bumblesandlight.com

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

Love your collection of photos! I'm not sure what's been going on, but I'm sending hugs and lifting you up in prayer.
Thanks for joining us in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge again this week. I can't wait to see what you come up with on Friday when we move on to our new theme, purple! Have a great day.