Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Photography Challenge: What Makes You Smile?




Welcome to my Photography Challenge. If this is your first time linking up with me I want to let you know how glad I am you choose to join me this week - I used to host this photography challenge every week but took a break over the summer - and to those of you who are coming back I want to let you know how much I've been looking forward to doing this again with you! This used to be a highlight of my blogging week and I am really looking forward to starting this up again.
The theme for this week's challenge is what makes you smile? So it can really be anything - the people, places or things in your life that bring a smile to your face.


My photo this week is of my kids. I thought I would post a recent shot of Eli but this one of a few of my kids together caught my heart. Plus I really like this exposure. It's not typical of my style of photography but I was going for something darker, since it was shot in the morning. I could probably post a hundred photos for this theme but the one thing that makes me smile (and makes me crazy!) are my kids. They can turn a bad day into an amazing one and put a smile on my face when I feel like I'm on the edge - of course usually it was the edge that they drove me too... but that's life.  The silhouette in the background is my oldest.

Okay - so if you're new to photography link-ups here are a few points of etiquette that I would like to point out.
Please link up an original photo - one that you took, not something pretty you found on Pinterest. Those posts are awesome and we all enjoy them but it's not good manners to link that up with a photography challenge.
Please link up your blog post/Flickr page url and not just your blog. So for example the link should look like this:http://faith-simplicity.blogspot.com/2011/10/thankfulness-on-monday.html  and not this: http://faith-simplicity.blogspot.com/ I've actually set up this linky so that if you try to link up your blog your link will be denied - you must link to the post url. If you don't know how to figure that out or your can't get inlinkz to work please send me an email and I would be glad to help you.
Please link back to my blog you can do this by copying and pasting my button code into your post, a text link is also fine. Because I'll be choosing a top five please include the link back either directly above or directly below the photo you are linking up thanks - that will help me a lot.
Please leave comments on the other participants blogs at least two or three would be best - it's more fun if you get comments when you link up! You can link up either to your blog or to a Flickr page, you don't have to have any certain level of camera or skill to participate - everyone is welcome!

UPDATED: The linky will be open until Thursday 10/6 at 23:00pm at which point voting will open and will close on Monday 12pm. Each unique IP will get up to FIVE VOTES. I'll post your winner and my top five on Tuesday. Let me know what you think about this arrangement - I'm totally open to your input!
Next week's theme is "Today I'm grateful for"

16 comments:

Michelle said...

Yay! So glad your Challenge is starting back up! I love the silhouette in the background of your photo :)

Tezzie said...

Adorable pic of your sweet little ones! I love the candidness of it :D

Not sure what's up with my thumbnail...perhaps it'll show up after a while. I'm sure I did the linky the right way!

Tiffany said...

So glad your challenge is back...hope all is well!

Tiffany

AlyGatr said...

I love his little milk mustache. I'm coming to grips with the fact that I'm a lighting rule breaker. I tend to like darker and moody or at least embrace weird shadows :)

Christina Klas said...

I love that sweet hug that's not even the subject of the photo. So cute. :)

Shoni said...

Yay...another challenge. :)

Ellie A. said...

What a sweet photo love it! I tried to link up but was having issues :(

Here is my share : http://adventurethroughmylens.blogspot.com/2011/10/anticipation.html

Nicolasa @ {My}Perspective said...

Hooray! So glad you're doing this again!

Jodi said...

I wasnt able to participate but count on me for next week! :)

all lovely pictures. The one of you and your kiddos is adorable. :)

neuropoet3 said...

I just discovered you from Ann's blog (Holy Experience), and I'm so excited about the idea of a photography link up! I'm going to try to join in next week!! :)

~Nonna

Sarah said...

He he! Too cute. Yay for a your linking starting again.

Kimberly said...

So glad you are back! Love the pic of your sweet ones!

I'm a full-time mummy said...

Cute cute picture! This is my first time participating, hope to see tons of beautiful pictures and meet more bloggy friends! :)

~ Jenny ( http://www.imafulltimemummy.com/ )

Ankush Samant said...

I tried to link up my post with this challenge, but sadly, I am getting no response from the inlinkz service.
Here is my link:
http://wheneveridontgetbored.blogspot.com/2011/08/speechless-moments.html

You got a great collection!

Dorian Susan said...

Of course your little ones make you smile....and you have so many you must smile a lot!!
So glad your linky is up and running again. It's one I really enjoy. Thanks Faith.

Cedar said...

Fun capture of your family! A moment in time captured to treasure forever--perfect!