Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Monday, October 10, 2011

Creativity and the simplicity of balance

Balance is tough. Balance is something we work hard for, we worry about and we talk about it a lot. This is what I've learned - balance is about rhythm. I read something once when I was just starting out as a mom that has stuck with me and matured into how I now see the meaning of balance. I read that balance is less like a waiter balancing a bunch of plates struggling to not drop any of them, rather it is like the metronome of a grandfather clock swinging one way - then it swings the other. Balance is more about the rhythm of my life than it is about having all of my ducks in a row all of the time and everything neatly in it's priority sorter. Our lives aren't static, we are moving people and our sense of balance must be a moving balance.

happiness is the first flowers of spring


Read the rest of it here...
Our tiny BIG Life
Today I'm guest blogging at
Our Tiny Big Life

1 comment:

olivia said...

you're everywhere today :) great post!