Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Monday, October 31, 2011

Choosing Gratitude on a Monday

 

Good Monday morning! Here we are again at the start of another week - with another opportunity to choose gratitude over resentment or self-pity and to look back over the week and count my blessings...

DSC_7730.JPG

I am thankful, so thankful that Katie-Abigail's allergic reaction wasn't worse and didn't effect her mouth or throat.

DSC_7752.JPG

I am thankful for the time I got to spend with Katie-Abigail this week. While it was difficult because of how her medicine effected her mood I am already missing her today, now what she's back at school.

I am thankful to be a work-at-home solo-momtrepreneur and that I didn't have to worry about making up hours or having a frustrated boss this morning.

DSC_7753.JPG

For a friend who brought us dinner when she heard how difficult this week had become.

For a husband who was willing to pick up dinner for me and who was a big help this week while I was at the end of my rope.

DSC_7742.JPG

For time spent outside in my backyard, camera in-hand, photographing all of the beautiful things that I usually overlook.

I am thankful for my sweet, snugly, smiling baby boy.

DSC_7737.JPG

I am thankful for a weekend full of resting and creating.

I am thankful for a week full of work to do here on my blog. I'm also butting together my Simply Style test drive group this week. Today is the last day to jump on board!

I took these photos for:

5 comments:

AlyGatr said...

It is so refreshing to see that you are able to turn lemon into lemonade even after a particularly hard week! I sure wish I were a work-at-home solo-momtrepreneur :) I'm a work-at-work and try to get other creative stuff done on the side momtrepreneur. Still, after a particularly hard week at work with some very difficult people, just walking in the door after a long day to two smiling faces yelling "MOOOMMMMYY" makes all of the other "stuff" seem petty and unimportant.

Tara said...

what a great idea!

Amber said...

I am so thankful that you have joined this journey of counting gifts. May you forever be changed!!

Jennifer @ Studio JRU said...

Such a wonderful list, such gorgeous photos! So happy to hear Katie-Abigail is ok! What a gift to have a helpful husband like that. :)

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud said...

I'm loving these shots, Faith! Especially that second one. I wish I'd read this post before reading the other one. lol I'm just glad that your little one is on the way up and back at school. :)
Thanks again for joining us in the Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge. I can't wait to see what you come up with for our new theme, purple! Have a great day.