Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Sunday, August 7, 2011

a little weekend reading

I don't know if y'all are into photography tip posts - as a general rule they are the kinds of things I speed-read, bookmark and forget about. However, lately I've seen a couple photography tips posts that were truly worth sharing. I shared them on twitter earlier this week but they are worthy of posting here as well:

Reflection

22 Things You Can Do Today To Change Your Photography Forever
While the "time this should take" estimates are way too short for most of these activities - there are some fabulous tips in this post. Here are a few of my favorites:

#1 Learn every function your camera is capable of performing 
#3 Enter a photography contest
#12 Print one of your photos large and put it on a wall
#18 Make some photo buddies


 20 Myths About Becoming a Professional Photographer
As someone who has tried - and failed (for now) - to start a professional photography business. I LOVE THIS POST. Starting a photography business is way harder than I ever thought it would be - especially in this market and economy. It takes so much more than having a Facebook page or a website (no matter how awesome it is) and having your friends like your photography to have a successful photography business.

If you like these kinds of articles & tips be sure to follow me on Twitter and/or Google+ to get more!!

2 comments:

Kim said...

I read these articles, too. I think we read the same sites. :)

Jeska said...

Great article!