Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Monday, July 18, 2011

waiting, blessings, and looking forward to tomorrow

I've been waiting

waiting


waiting for Eli to decide to make his appearance.

My due date was Friday July 15th and still no baby.

I'm going in bright and early tomorrow to be induced and I'm hopeful that it will go well - I've been induced before and it was a really good experience. I like the calm, being able to plan, not rushing, not stressing.

In the meantime I've been reading one thousand blessings and it's been perfect. I've been enjoying it tremendously. It's one of those books you want to rush out and buy for your mom and your sister and your best friend at Bible study. Sometimes I find her writing style obnoxious but the theme of the book is simply beautiful and the theme of gratitude no matter what is going on in life is quite timely.

One thing that I've really been impressed with in this the idea of asking myself what is blessing? So many things I might name "curse" is actually blessing - like a tree falling on my home. Everything turned out really well and I called it "blessing" but what if we were still trying to pick up the pieces? What if everything hadn't worked out so quickly and well? Would I still call it blessing? What about being overdue and being induced? I'd wanted him to come naturally - and before his due date. He didn't. Will I call it blessing too? So many things in my life that I haven't liked as it came in have proved to be blessings as I look back. It makes me think...

So anyway - I'm sure I'll be posting photos here as soon as I can and I'll be updating my status on Twitter if you'd like to follow me there. I appreciate your prayers and all of your comments, tweets and emails to let me know that you're thinking of me - y'all re the best!

18 comments:

rachel said...

so excited for you, Faith. Can't wait to "meet" Eli!

Marla Grace said...

will say a prayer for you!:)

JJINJERSEY said...

Aw... I remember that period of waiting (and insomnia) after my due date had passed... I was so relieved when my OB finally committed to an induction date! Enjoy your delivery, however it unfolds!

Becky said...

Oh my goodness, so exciting!! Good luck and enjoy your time at the hospital with him. With 4 kids at home, I'm sure it'll be a wonderful respite and bonding time for you two (and three when hubby is there). Can't wait to see photos!

Ashley Sisk said...

I'm praying that Eli makes his appearance soon!

playdoughinmycarpet said...

I was wondering if he had arrived yet! Praying for your delivery tomorrow and that more conservative measures will be used to see if it will progress naturally with just a little encouragement (maybe a cervadil or something before they start the pitocin... I used to be an Ob nurse ;)

Amy said...

Good luck...how exciting! I can't wait to see pictures!

Tiffany said...

Thanks for the update...I am waiting too:) Have been and will be praying for you.

Tiffany

Jeska said...

Whew! I hope I don't go four days past! Good luck, he will be here SOON!!

alicia said...

Thought provoking questions.

Here's to a speedy delivery...

alicia said...

Thought provoking questions.

Here's to a speedy delivery...

Sarah said...

Good luck today!! I will be praying for you!

Tara said...

Yay, so exciting! Good Luck! Praying all goes well.

Kel said...

Yeah!!! I love the name Eli! What a blessing!!! Praying that he makes shows his face soon!!! :)

Adriane said...

Wishing you a quick and easy labor and delivery! :)

Shannon Pate said...

Come on, Eli!! Your mommy is ready for you to get here.... I don't blame on the inducing. I want to be in "control"!

Miggy said...

thinking of you. good luck! can't wait to meet Eli!

BARBIE said...

Saying a prayer for you tonight!