Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Monday, July 11, 2011

more waiting, randomness and favorites

We're still waiting on Eli - I thought for sure I'd wake up in labor this morning after a night of contractions but no such luck. Trusting God with the timing of this is more difficult then I'd like to admit, especially when I have so little control! But I am so encouraged by everyone who is praying for me - going to church yesterday was great. Great worship, a good sermon and so many encouraging words from friends who let me know that they were praying for me and my little guy.

We have finally settled on a middle name! His name will be Eli Graham - how cute is that? I was talking about it to Daniel for weeks when one day he said something that made me realize that he really wanted to have input into the name, not just a rubber-stamp approval of the name I picked out so I just sat back and let him choose the middle name. I listened, I gave my opinion and I trusted that eventually Daniel would make up his mind. We narrowed it down to two and after a week or so finally settled on Graham. It feels like there is a life-lesson in getting along with my husband somewhere in this experience.

While I'm writing about the hubs I just have to tell you what he did yesterday - not only did he order my new favorite coffee for me he dug through the kitchen trash just to make positively sure that he ordered exactly the right thing. Now that is true love! Oh yes, be jealous - be very jealous.

We found a new favorite drink last week:
It has no added sugar and is so good!! If you know of some reason why this drink is not good for you - do me a favor and keep that information to yourself ;) because I am just loving it right now.

I love the idea of having a slip-covered sofa, however I have had the worst luck trying to actually buy one for our couch. They never fit right! The one I bought most recently is very comfy and hides the stripes on our couch beautifully but it simply doesn't fit, unless I cut the cushions and I'm sure I'd just ruin the whole thing if I did that... so today I'll be bagging up yet another slip cover and returning it... and consider saving up for a sleeper sofa for when grandparents visit.


I finally downloaded Cosmic Love by Florence and the Machine on my iPad - I may download the whole album soon too. I also downloaded The Lost and Found by Gretchen Parlato I can't wait for some quiet time to listen to it! Also have you heard the new song Iridescent by Linkin Park on the new Transformers pop soundtrack - ooh it is so nice. I don't know what I think of the new Colbie Caillat single "Brighter than the Sun" I'll definitely be buying her new CD - we've listened to the other two a million times, I just hope it's as good. Okay... so I'm rambling. What are you listening to?!

P.S. if you get an invite for Google+ accept it! My hubs finally convinced me to accept his invite, if it catches on it could be the next big thing. It's definitely a very cool concept. You can group your contacts into "circles" and share things with only certain circles - so you can share a link with just your blogging friends, or just your family or just your IRL friends, which I think is very cool. You can also combine different feeds all into one place, Facebook, Google Reader hopefully they'll add something for Twitter as well soon. It's still in Beta so you have to get an invite to use it, but it should be interesting to see if Google can outdo Facebook.

16 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Eli Graham is perfect...love that! Can't wait for him to finally arrive.

Tara said...

Eli Graham is a perfect name, I adore it!! Can't wait for his debut!

Heidi said...

What a cute name! I LOVE that juice! They make it in pomegranate/blueberry and we drank it on the boat (okaaaay..with some vodka in it).. and it was sooo delicious and refreshing!

Faith said...

Ohhh, Heid - that sounds good.

Haynes said...

Praying for ELi to make his appearance soon and I just love the name!!!

playdoughinmycarpet said...

I love that name! It's very masculine yet gentle. Hang in there!

Dorian Susan said...

Glad you finally have a name that works. I like it, alot. Now just waiting EGR's arrival.

Avi said...

Have you tried cran-apple? it's good too.. lol, actually cranberry is good for us gals because cranberry prevents UTI (it has something to do with the cranberry's property that prevents bacteria from sticking in the urinary tract. So, keep on drinking!

Do you like instrumental? They said instrumental melodies are good for kids...so I lull my kids to Yiruma. Here's a link of one of my Yiruma fave (a vid from YouTube credits to the owner) -Kiss the Rain - Right now, Michael Grimm's remake of the old songs is so good! And Jason Mraz...and these songs of faith and hope - Jose Mari Chan - Count Your Blessings, ItIs the Lord and his version of the Lord's Prayer. And every time I listen to songs by Gary Valenciano like this one - Lead Me Lord, makes me cry. Sorry for the many links, can't help but share those beautiful music (not mine, just favorites)..peace.

Branson said...

I let... err I mean Matt decided he wanted to pick the middle name by himself as well. He did a great job! So excited! You should find me on google+ since it sounds like you actually know how to use it, haha!

Ashley said...

I LOVE his name! Can't wait to hear the announcement that he's here!

Melissa Jo said...

I love the name, it is so strong but cute too. Oh, the cranberry drink... FABULOUS!

Jeska said...

LOVE his name <3 so sweet.

Teagan said...

Beautiful name!!! Prayers going up for you today, since I'm assuming either something is happening by now or something should be - may all go safely as you bring a beautiful son into the world!!

Jenn & Tom Jorgensen said...

What a lovely name! Best wishes!

Nessa said...

Oh the waiting is so hard... hand in there mama.

Tezzie said...

That's fantastic that you came up with a name...love it!!!

Hoping all is going well for you...can't wait to 'meet' your sweet little Eli Graham!