Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Monday, June 20, 2011

An update

Thanks to everyone who left a comment on my previous post. I appreciate all of the prayers and well wishes that have gone up on behalf of my family.
Our house was significantly damaged bybthe tree coming through our roof and was further damaged by a severe storm that came through on Saturday night. However, miraculously enough none of our things have been ruined during this whole ordeal. We're still waiting on an estimate from the contractor on how long these repairs may take but considering the ammount of structural damage to the house it will likely be several months before the house is livable again. It's at moments like these that we are thankful to just be renting!

We're settling into a temporary house, it's very nice (think four bedroom vacation house and you're close)and cozy. The kids have enjoyed exploring the huge yard and I've spent hours on the front porch swing crochecting my little guys baby blanket, playing scrabble on my iPad and generally chilling out. I'm actually enjoying having no cable TV (though I'm so glad we were able to bring our xbox with us!) and no computer.

We are still waiting to find out how long we will be at this house and if we will need to find s other house sooner or later. My husband's employer is responsible for our living arrangements so it's all a little more complicated. We're also praying that our little guy stays put for a few more weeks. I'm due in just four weeks! I've had our last two children earlier than that by about two weeks... Hopefully little Eli will be able to wait until life is more settled before he makes his debut!

At times like these that I have to learn to be still and take life moment by moment.

16 comments:

Kimberly Gauthier said...

I love your attitude.

The Shades of Pink said...

Oh no! I missed this. Glad you are all okay.

melifaif said...

Amen!!! to that. Eli....I hope you are listening. Especially to that "be still" part. Many blessings for you all....

Nicolasa said...

I love the name Eli! :-) I'm glad things are ok for now. I'll keep you in my thoughts and hope that the living situation can be taken care of soon and smoothly!

momphotographer said...

The most important thing is that nobody got hurt! You're such a strong women! Hope everything will be over soon!
Many hugs,

Jenn said...

So glad to hear you guys are okay! The storms sure did hit a lot of area across the midwest ... so sorry to hear you guys were impacted. Prayers that it all quickly cleans up with as little stress as possible!

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

I'll pray he waits for things to calm down and that things are more settled for you!!! Eli! CUTE NAME BTW! I think we picked Gideon Josiah

oneinspiredhand said...

Oh wow and you're having another baby! Congrats on having another baby and again I'll be praying for you and your family Faith :)

Tara said...

Oh my goodness, I missed your last post! WOW, thank goodness you are all OK. How scary. Thinking good thoughts for you all. Love the name Eli.

Sarah said...

Oh no! I am so sorry. Praying for your family. Glad no one is hurt.

Carrie said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so sorry to hear about the tree damaging the house. I'm glad thought that nothing was really damaged. My prayers are with you and your family. I hope everything gets back in order before Eli arrives.

BARBIE said...

Yes, agreeing with you and praying that Eli stays put until you are more settled. So thankful you've found a temporary place to live that you enjoy.

Tina said...

I´m sorry about what happen, but I´m glad that you and your family are ok!!! And that the baby didn´t come early because of this shock. Best wishes xo Tina

Katie said...

Oh golly! I'm glad to hear that no one was hurt. I can't imagine having that happen, let alone being 36 weeks too!

Annika said...

So glad all of your family is well. I cannot believe how calm you sound with all of this going on!

alicia said...

Omg! Just reading this now. So sorry to learn of your news. Hang in over there! Thinking of you...