Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A post of thankfulness

It was just another ordinary night. We came home from VBS, I fed my kids a snack, we got into our jammies and snuggled on the couch while watching a little bit of TV before bed. The ticker on the TV said that a storm was coming, just like it has every week for the last few months. We were just shutting down our computers as the thunder started to get louder when there was a huge crash and suddenly a piece of our roof was on the floor and one of the trees from behind our house was poking through. The kids freaked out, we texted a friend and they said "come on over." so we took the kids and camped out and waited for the storm to pass.

Today has been a crazy day, we met the contractors and the tree extractors and have had several conversations with our landlord today. The hubs and I have played phone tag with the question "so what's next?" all day long. But I wanted to take a moment here to express my thankfulness... so here goes.



I am thankful that we spent the night camped out at our friends house and not at the hospital, or nervously wondering if the rest of our roof was going to cave in.

I am thankful for wonderful friends who have graciously opened their house to us and given my kids a happy stress-free day.

I am thankful that none of our stuff appears to be damaged.

I am thankful that the power didn't go out long enough to spoil the food in the fridge.

I am thankful that our landlord has been so kind and worked quickly to get repairs started.

I am thankful that this happened before our baby was born and not shortly after.

I am thankful that most of the baby stuff is still packed up so I won't have to re-pack it.

I am thankful that the people my husband works for have been so helpful and undrstanding so far.

I am thankful that so farI have had a lot of peace in this overwhelming set of circumstances.

I am thankful that I have an iPad now so I can blog from the Library.

So, I may be a bit scarce for the next week or two...but I'll be back soon.

19 comments:

rachel said...

Oh my gosh, Faith! THank God you are ok. How scary! xxoo

SarahinSC said...

You do have a lot to be thankful for! We got those storms last night too, but nothing damaging like that. Glad ya'll are ok!

Haynes said...

So glad you and your family are ok....

Courtney K. said...

Oh my goodness! So happy to hear that you guys are ok!! Hopefully they will get everything fixed and repaired soon!

Just Bits and Pieces said...

Oh my gosh.....thank goodness for all of the things you're thankful for....take care in the weeks to come!

Sam said...

Such a great outlook! So glad you and your family is safe!!

-Sam

P.S. been thinking about investing in ipad...worth it?

Becky said...

I'm thankful that you are all alright! What a scary moment. I'm glad you have such a wonderful group of friends to help you through this. Take it easy, Mama! Baby Boy-to-be-named doesn't want to come out just yet!

Jeska said...

oh wow so glad you and your family are all okay! that is scary, nobody ever thinks that type of thing will happen to them. I hope everything gets repaired quickly for you.

Tiffany said...

So glad you are all okay...praying for a peaceful few weeks well all comes together.

Tiffany

krissilugbill said...

oh my goodness! so thankful you are all okay. loved how you turned a hard situation into a time of thankfulness.

Gillian said...

Hooray for good people! Glad you're all okay : )

Erin said...

Wow, Faith! So thankful you are all ok! Hopefully the repairs will be done quickly!

Danelle said...

How scary! Glad your all okay!

Meagan said...

How scary! I saw your pictures on Twitter and wondered what was going on. I'm so sorry this happened, but you're right - you have so much to be thankful for. So glad you're all safe and have someplace to stay while your house gets repaired.

I hope it's as fast and smooth as it can be!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad everyone is alright, how scary :/
Hopefully everything will be fixed before your new little man makes his appearance :)

Kim said...

Oh my! I am so glad that everything is going smoothly now. How scary. Praying for everything to be fixed very quickly for you guys. Much love headed your way.

oneinspiredhand said...

oh my gosh thats horrible! I'm so sorry Faith! I hope you guys can get your house fixed fast. I'll def be saying a prayer for you and your family tonight :)

BARBIE said...

Oh wow, I am so thankful you and your family are all ok. How scary this must have been. Loved your thankful list!

Susan said...

Glad you are safe!

We had the exact thing happened to us a few years back!