Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Photography Challenge: Feet

t.s. eliott
"Time you enjoyed wasting is not wasted time" - T.S. Elliot





Towards the end of my Simply Bliss - basics of childhood photography eclass I encouraged my student to attempt to take faceless portraits of their children - largely inspired by this post by Lynda - and it was definitely a great challenge - one that I'll continue to incorporate into my photography classes.

My biggest suggestion for these faceless portraits is this: your photo should tell a story - for example the shot above is from last year when we were living at our previous home that had a big dirt patch in the yard. You can almost feel his little-boy enjoyment of getting his feet in the dirt. Your shot should tell a story as well - maybe they are clean-fresh-out-of-the-bath toes, or maybe they are cuddled-up-on- the-couch-taking-a-nap feet,  maybe they are the feet of your sweet pet or your own feet with freshly painted toenails for the coming warm weather.  What is the story behind your shot?


As a reminder:
Obviously, the photo must be your own, taken by you!
Anyone can participate in this challenge, regardless of photography equipment or skill.
Your photo does not have to be taken for this challenge - but a new photo is always fun! :)
You can link up your blog or Flickr page - be sure to link up your post and not just your blog's homepage.
Please link up only once per person.
Your post must contain a link-back to be considered as a choice for Top 5
Please grab one of my new buttons from my sidebar - thanks :)
Do take a minute to comment on each other's photos - it makes it so much more fun for everyone!
Link-up is open until next Tuesday though I make pick my top 5 as early as Friday.
Check out the list of upcoming challenges in my sidebar: next week's theme is laughter.
I'll have the Top 5 picked from last week's challenge up by tonight.
Be sure to vote for your favorite from the last challenge!
I can't wait to see your photos for this challenge!!


5 comments:

Sarah said...

I love your photo!

My Captivating Images said...

What adorable little feet!!!

Branson said...

Faceless portraits are definitely harder than they look! Yours is wonderful, and definitely tells a story! :)

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Those little piggies are too sweet!

Kimberly said...

I love your photo and the quote is great!