Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Photography Challenge: Routine

DSC_7901i
Click here to view the photo I almost picked for this challenge.

This week the challenge theme was suggested by Katelyn McKay and is Routine.

The idea is to photograph something that is a part of your everyday life.

For me it's breakfast.

I usually eat after I get home from taking my girls to school and the house is much quieter with just Little Man and me (and the dog). It's the one meal I get to eat in (relative) peace and quiet and I enjoy it very much. I get a nice hot cup of coffee, sit in the sunniest spot I can and just be. No planing, no worrying just one calm, quiet moment. It doesn't happen every day, there are plenty of days that breakfast is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich eaten in the car or a quick chicken biscuit from the drive through down the street but when I can get those quiet moments by myself I'm really happy about it.

What's your moment? 









As a reminder:
Obviously, the photo must be your own, taken by you!
Anyone can participate in this challenge, regardless of photography equipment or skill.
Your photo does not have to be taken for this challenge - but a new photo is always fun! :)
You can link up your blog or Flickr page - be sure to link up your post and not just your blog's homepage.
Please link up only once per person.
Your post must contain a link-back to be considered as a choice for Top 5
Please grab one of my new buttons from my sidebar - thanks :)
Do take a minute to comment on each other's photos - it makes it so much more fun for everyone!
Link-up is open until next Tuesday though I make pick my top 5 as early as Friday.
I am working on a list of upcoming challenges - find the next few weeks schedule in the sidebar below the photography challenge buttons.
Be sure to vote for your favorite from the last challenge!



6 comments:

Jessica said...

I love this shot, and yes, breakfast is a good routine to have! I don't eat breakfast very often because I live in a dorm room and the cafeteria is far away, but when I do, I always enjoy it. :)

Flower Photography said...

Oh I am a shocker with breakfast!! I should have it as routine though as I enjoy it when I do have it!! :0)

Ankush Samant said...

Did you say that the theme is Routine :D Nice theme, but routine is too boring for me and have linked by "boring" post ;)

I liked your picture :)

Have a nice day!

Jenny said...

that is a beautiful shot. and so yummy :D love the colours!

Nessa said...

Love your routine photo... coffee and flowers are wonderful.

the little things... said...

This is a great way to enjoy a quiet moment. I just found you! Thanks for the linky challenge. I am just joining in! This is a great blog, I'm going to be a new follower!