Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Friday, March 25, 2011

What would you like to learn?

Mommy & Emma date
The Paper Mama

My kids are all outside blowing bubbles in the sunshine - it's so adorable :)  So I thought I'd bop in here to tell you what I've been up to.

I've been working on my upcoming photography class Simply Bliss: Basics of Childhood Photography - I forgot how much work went into writing the tutorials for these classes! My brain is totally fried. Now I understand why some people charge $300 for a class - it's a lot of work. But it is totally worth it when my students finally get it. When their photography starts to improve or when they write to me to tell me that I've had a positive impact on their photography.

Or when I read about it on their blogs - like this post from one of my mentoring students:


...that I have been taking an awesome photography mentoring class with Faith over at Simplicity!
{I cannot say enough good things about her}
...that I just took this pic today for one of my assignments and I barely had to edit it! 
{My skills are improving....'bout time!}


I've also been really inspired by the comments some of y'all have left for my class giveaways at the blogs of two awesome bloggers (and my Tweeps!) Rachel of  and then, she {snapped} & Mandey of Mama & the Dudes & For the Love of Blogs


Here are some favorite comments from these giveaways:

Oh, I want to win! I'd love to learn how to get some different pictures of my kids, other than the same ol' ones I always do.
I would love to learn new ways to photography my little girl. It seems like it's so hard thinking of a new angle or being creative so I would love to learn more ideas or a refreshed view on what i should be shooting.
I would like to be able to take pictures of my cute little nephews and have that gorgeous yellowish light! 
How to capture those special little moments in a unique way. I always try to be fancy but it usually ends up just looking silly.

What would you like to learn?

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I had an absolute blast taking your class, and I like to think that I improved! While it may take me a little longer to take a picture than someone who shoots fully automatic, I love the flexibility I have in being creative and I know the quickness will come with time. I also know that I wouldn't be as far as I am if I hadn't taken your class! Thanks for everything!

Mommy of KraftyGang kids said...

I can't wait to take the basic class, but would love to take this one too!! I would love to get better crisper pictures of my kids!!