Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Friday, March 11, 2011

Strawberry Banana Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast

Banana Strawberry French Toast
Ingredients:
Sliced Bread - four to six slices
Eggs - two large
Milk - just a splash - less than a quarter cup
Salt - just a dash (optional)
Cinnamon - a generous sprinkle (optional)
Vanilla - about a quarter teaspoon (optional)
Cream Cheese - about two tablespoons
Strawberries - about a half cup or four large berries plus a few extra for garnishing sliced
Banana - one peeled and sliced
Powdered Sugar - just a little for sprinkling on strawberries
Maple Syrup - to top French Toast
Butter - for coating the griddle

Method
Banana Strawberry French Toast2Slice strawberries & bananas
Sprinkle strawberries with powdered sugar and toss to coat
Mix with a whisk or fork in a pie plate or shallow pan:  eggs, milk, salt, vanilla extract, & cinnamon
Spread cream cheese on slices of bread
Layer strawberry and banana slices on bread and make into sandwiches
Banana Strawberry French Toast3
Dip sandwiches into egg mixture -  first on one side, then on the other to coat.
Melt a small pat of butter on preheated griddle
Cook Stuffed French Toast on both sides until it is golden brown
Sprinkle with powdered sugar if you like or a drizzle of maple syrup and a few slices of strawberries.
Enjoy!

Banana Strawberry French Toast5
Banana Strawberry French Toast4

11 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh my goodness. That sounds amazing! Your picture are making me hungry.Yum!

Marla said...

This looks too yummy. :)

Marla @ www.blueskiesphotoblog.com

Alessandra @Tribal Times said...

That looks delish!!! Reminds me of a crepe I just had!

melissa said...

Umm I am drooling over here. Beautiful photos are AMAZING sounding recipe! Thanks for sharing! I'll be expecting you at my place with a hot plate soon? =)

Have a great weekend!

xo
melissa

Tiffany said...

Yeah!!!! I have been waiting for this. That is the most beautiful picture of cream cheese I have ever seen!

Tiffany

Flower Photography said...

Delicious! Love the step by step shots!

Adriana Iris said...

omg so yummy to look at.

kbreints said...

Oh dear. Looks divine!

Branson @ Reflection of Something said...

Your photos turned out wonderful! I love how you put this post together, and oh my goodness this looks yummy! :)

Chelsea said...

This looks delicious Faith! I learned very young how to make french toast, but I have never attempted stuffed, but have always wanted to! Maybe I finally will. Have you ever made French toast with sourdough bread? Sounds wrong but it's delicious! Oh and I bet adding nutella into the mix would be tasty!
P.S. I love the way you did the photos on this post.

Kim @ Quit Eating Out {Recipes to Make Dining Out a Choice, Not a Chore} said...

BEAUTIFUL photos! This sounds amazing. Thanks so much for linking to Saturday Swap!!! Have a super weekend.