Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Photography Challenge: Macro


Hey there!! Thanks so much to everyone who participated in last week's photography challenge!! You make it harder and harder to pick a top five every week! I will not be choosing a top five for the "weather" photography challenge. Sorry!!

Doesn't this shot make you so jealous of her wonderful weather?

oh... I remember those days. SUCH a cute capture!

How can you resist coffee and ice cream?! I would love to enjoy this every day 
(although my hips would probably thank me if I did not)

LOVE the light and beautiful colors of this shot!

How can this photo not be in anyone's top five?! Chelsey has been taking some uber-awesome photos of her sweet little girl lately and this is one of my favorites.


I loved Diana's sweet photo of her daily chaos!!
And Keara's photo of her daughter playing was just too sweet.
This week's theme: Macro
It doesn't have to be a photo taken with a macro lens (or filter) but a close up of something would be perfect! 
rice texture
Here is my photo for this challenge. I LOVE to shoot macros - though I haven't done one lately - I especially love shooting flower macros. This is some long grain white rice. I hope you enjoy this challenge and can't wait to see what you come up with!




FYI:
Obviously, the photo must be your own, taken by you!
Anyone can participate in this challenge, regardless of photography equipment or skill.
Your photo does not have to be taken for this challenge - but a new photo is always fun! :)
You can link up your blog or Flickr page - be sure to link up your post and not just your blog's homepage.
Please link up only once per person.
Your post must contain a link-back to be considered as a choice for Top 5

Please grab one of my new buttons from my sidebar - thanks :)
Do take a minute to comment on each other's photos - it makes it so much more fun for everyone!
Link-up is open until next Tuesday. 
I do not have a list of upcoming challenges.





12 comments:

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

Yay! Thank you for picking mine!

Michelle said...

Thank you for picking my beach shot! Hoping our gorgeous weather continues a bit longer, not looking forward to winter, lol

Raymonde said...

Thank you Faith for picking me! I am humbled to be standing next to such great photographers. Have a beautiful day. xxx

The Clip Cafe said...

Great shot of the rice!

Mira said...

Thanks so much for picking my shot for top 5, it means a lot! Anyway, I realized I have to cut on ice cream and coffee as well since my hips are not getting any smaller. :(
Thanks again! :)) You've made my day!
Mira

Branson @ Reflection of Something said...

I cannot wait for macro flower season!! I am excited about the theme this week... off to look for something that catches my eye ;-)

It's bloggy award time! :)

http://blmerrill.blogspot.com/2011/03/and-award-goes-to.html

Keara @ Now I Know What Life Is All About said...

Yay! Thank you so much for mentioning my picture!

Amber said...

Thanks so much FAITH!!!!!!

I just saw that I made the top 5.....

Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

Such great shots, so hard to pick just one!
Lolo

Serline said...

Yum! I eat rice daily, It's so delicious.

Kimberly Gauthier said...

I love everyone's flowers! Those are my favorite subjects.

Raymonde said...

Really like the macro of the rice, we eat so much of it in our house! Have a beautiful day. xxx

PS: your spring shots are invigorating.