Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Photo of the Day

I think I'm going to have to start including cell phone pics in my 365 project because I am really struggling to pick up my "real" camera, take a good photo, transfer it to my computer, edit it (or not) load it to Flickr, and post it here - every day. You'd think considering the amount of time I spend between photography and blogging I'd be able to accomplish this one small task- apparently not. So here are photos one from Monday and one from today:
Cell phone pics (Samsung Vibrant Galaxy S for those of you who are wondering) we took the kids to McDonald's on Sunday afternoon and got the kids happy meals - Josiah was insanely attached to his Batman Happy Meal toy all day Sunday & Monday. So I snapped a pic when we went out to do our grocery shopping. Yes, that is a pajama shirt and yes I let him wear it to the grocery store - it has Buzz Lightyear on it - what can I say?

muddy
The kids had early release from school today - and they went strait outside to play and spent the entire afternoon looking for eathworms in our little garden in the back. Naturally looking through the grass led to digging through the dirt which led to making mud soup on the deck which led to covering each other in mud - especially Josiah. I'm just happy they didn't spend the day asking to watch TV and fighting!

I can't help but share these pics from Saturday - I took Emma out for a little mommy and daughter day, just the two of us. We had a lot of fun hanging out and I could tell that she had a lot of fun and it was a really special moment for her.

DSC_8731          DSC_8719
DSC_8705
 She's such a cutie and I am so glad that I brought my camera!!

13 comments:

Anne U said...

I didn't know that little boys could get that dirty :)

playdoughinmycarpet said...

Wow that's alot of mud! But that is just boy bliss summed up in one photo right there.

Tiffany said...

Love all these pictures, the pj's to the store, the mud, and a little girl time....that's what it is all about. SWEET!

Tiffany

M said...

That is fantastic! My little girl just discovered that she loves worms. I just posted about it on my blog two days ago! www.falafelandthebee.com
I love that muddy picture. Just priceless.
~Michelle

Courtney K. said...

Wow. That's a lot of dirt....but I'm sure he had a blast! :)

G'mom Becky said...

Emma is a darling, for sure! And do I see Mint cho. chip ice cream in her cone??? I knew she has good taste!

Kel said...

Oh Faith...she is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE that last shot of her...amazing. I too would be thrilled with mud over tv and fighting. I am going to try and enter this weeks challenge!!! :)

Trish ~ ♥ ~ said...

the difference between boys and girls, your photos show it perfectly

Branson @ Reflection of Something said...

Oh my goodness that mud pic is crazy fun! The pics of your girl date with Emma are so sweet! I use my phone occassionally for my 365... I need those "easy" days sometimes for sure! Actually going to post a phone pic today probably... I got a funny one of A I just love ;)

Amber said...

I LOVE the mud photo!! It made me smile from ear to ear.

Lynda said...

OMG the mud! *Wonderful* photo, but my OCD self is dying over here. I think I'd faint if my kid had that much mud on him. The husband would definitely need to supervise and clean up such an activity. LOL.

Nothing wrong with cell phone pics in Project 365! It's one of the tips I recommended in an article I wrote last year on getting through the project. :) (Which, I didn't, but whatever.)

Nicole said...

That muddy shot is fantastic!

Flower Photography said...

OHHHHHHHH! The mud one :-D