Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

a few downtown photos

On Sunday I mentioned that I took a little trip to the downtown area of my city to take a few shots of the decaying old buildings in that area. It's a beautiful street but every now and then you see these poor abandoned houses that look like they need a ton of work. This one is just down the street from the Augusta Ronald McDonald home. I literally took these photos in maybe five minutes - with my kids in the van waiting for me. Not an ideal situation, and it's left me hungry for more. So here is just one house that I photographed...

decay

decay

decay

decay

11 comments:

Ambika said...

Nice! There are these lovely large houses in the older parts of our city too which are left abandoned. Have always thought that they'd make a grand picture if brought back to life and there are people living in them!

Sarah Halstead said...

Cool photos. I like them.

thegreatabreakening said...

Oh my goodness, you have to see the Widow's home... It's across from Heritage Academy downtown. Amazing.

Jessica said...

I would love to get my hands on a house like that! It's a shame that these historic homes have been left to decay. You can just see the potential! Thanks for sharing these!

Elise Ann Wormuth said...

I like the second and third ones best -- very nice, for a hop-out-of-the-car session!

BARBIE said...

I love old, rustic houses. It's a shame they are just sitting there. Someone needs to give them so love! Great photos!

Give Back Today said...

WOW! Great shots in 5 minutes...

Melanie givebacktoday.blogspot.com

Branson @ Reflection of Something said...

I love how the perspective of the first makes it look even more grand... Well what would have been grand in its day...

kbreints said...

I love to imagine what they were like in their prime, who may have lived there... and how it came to be like that. Great shots!

Nicolasa said...

What a cool place! I'd love to take some photos there!

Abi said...

That second shot is my fave. The windows are so interesting and the dead flowers really add to the feel of an abandoned house. I want to go on a photography walk with you!