Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Touch-up Tuesday with Paper Heart Camera

Over the weekend I downloaded some actions from my four hens aka M4H  and so I was playing around with them trying to see what they would do and I love them! They are so subtle and very pretty. I especially love the black and white actions and "Baby's Breath". I got the Vintage Elements set, the Rock a Bye Baby set and the Elements freebie set. I will definitely be buying more.

They are not highly manipulatable in Elements you pretty much just have one or two layers to adjust. I like more control with my layers but these are so very pretty that I am happy with them just the way they are. Also not all of the actions have the .png file necessary to have an icon show up in Elements - they are just blank squares and you have to mouse over them to see which action you are selecting - it's not a biggie, just a bit annoying. If you know of a tutorial on how to create an icon for your actions please leave it as a comment! I saw it the other day when I was trying to look up directions on how to install actions (I have to look up the directions every time!) but I misplaced the link (should have copied it to Evernote)

I saved a bunch of examples of these so I thought I'd show them here:  
2 05 11 sooc2 05 11 M4H Coffee creamer2 05 11 M4H Carbon Paper2 05 11 M4H lilac b n w2 05 11 M4H bluberry2 05 11 M4H bluberry 50percent2 05 11 M4H muted beauty2 05 11 M4H flushed2 05 11 M4H Patty Cake2 05 11 M4H honey bee2 05 11 M4H pretty primer2 05 11 M4H cherry cobler2 05 11 M4H blusher2 05 11 M4H yellow haze2 05 11 M4H watermellon bliss2 05 11 M4H dusty haze2 05 11 M4H babys breath

Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama
Linking up with Touch-up Tuesday at
Paper Heart Camera 

12 comments:

Uyen said...

I love these! You really do need to put them side by side in order to see the subtle difference. I was also annoyed when some of the actions didn't have the png files. What I did was I opened up a random png file in elements, covered up the name/picture on there and typed in the name of the action (that was missing the png file)and saved it as a png file. I then took that and installed it into my photoshop just like I did with the others. I didn't really need a picture, I just needed to know what the thumbnails were so I was happy just to have a name on the blank thumbnails.

Danelle said...

Oooh! I might have to get some of those actions for myself! Very nice.

The Clip Cafe said...

Wow so hard to choose a fave!

JBarone said...

I am new to elements, I love these actions I will check out her site Thanks for posting they are all so pretty!!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are really beautiful - you know I like some actions so I'm off to check these out!

Ashley said...

yummmm! This post makes me hungry for Lucky Charms! :) I love the patty cake action :) they're all so delicious looking though!

Anika said...

I love 'em all! I am going to have to bookmark this page to reference all the actions I love. Thanks!!

Carla S said...

Faith, I am almost sure you can download the png files from her website. I know that I added some for some of her actions that were missing. They were in a zip file and I just added the ones I needed. You can download those right from this post here: http://myfourhensphotography.com/?p=871

Faith said...

Thank you so much Carla! I will update the post :)

Anne U said...

These are gorgeous! Can't wait to get my hands on photoshop. Someday.

Robin said...

I love these actions! I was looking at their actions and wasn't sure which ones to get, but I like these! I love the photo you used of the cereal, especially since it was so colorful!

Amy said...

M4H really has some beautiful actions! I have some of the same sets that you got, and I use them often. I like mixing actions, too, especially with subtle ones like these. :)