Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Does anybody know what {day} it is?

Does anybody really care? (lol - I must have heard that song at the grocery store last night) Well, if you have a photography blog you do! Because today is terrific Tuesday - the day when some of the best photo link-ups are posted!

Yesterday Little Man had a fever - needless to say a lot of the day was spent rocking him and holding him and most of the night was spent getting him drinks of water and taking him to the potty. The worst part of dealing with a feverish child all night is having to deal with a fussy little kid in the morning in a sleep deprived state  while trying to get the big kids to school on time.
I've been blogging one-handed for six years, but blogging with my three year old on my lap is totally different. At least we have some new Diego videos on demand - that always helps!




Water
water
The focus of this shot is supposed to be the water in the vase. I never really got this shot to come out the way I wanted it to. I was very short on pretty light this week!

Quote
a slightly brigher edit
“He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted... 
To comfort all who mourn,
To give them beauty for ashes,
The oil of joy for mourning,
The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness;
That they may be called trees of righteousness,
The planting of the Lord, that He may be glorified.”
Isaiah 61:1-3

I blogged this photo here. This photo is inspired by the song "Beautiful Things" and especially the line "You make beautiful things out of the dust".

Window
The thing on the curtain black and white
I wasn't able to get a photo of any windows this week - at least none that I would want to use - so here is something from my archives and was actually taken with my point and shoot before I got my first DSLR.

Activity
activity
This was the result of an activity I did with Josiah this week. Each letter represents the name of one of his siblings - I found that these are some of the easiest letters for my kids to remember because they see these letters most often. We say "B is for Beth" and "M is for Mommy" and it helps him remember. He really liked taping up the pictures and letters. I should have done this with little velcro dots instead of double-sticky tape, that way he could match them up again sometime.

P.25
Josiah 9/19/07
This one was super-hard for me because most of the magazines that come to our house are Industry-specific business magazines that come to my husband. But I poked around a little and found a community Parent magazine - page 25 was listings of local birthing classes - so here is a photo of my little man just a few hours after he was born.

Finding this photo made me think about the photos I have of all of my children during the hours after they were born. So I put the photos together really quickly. (The frames are freebies from M4H)
M4H-Frame Freebie b&e copy
(L) Beth & (R) Emma
M4H-Frame Freebie KA & J copy
(L) Katie-Abigail & (R) Josiah

DSC_0956
It's not hard to find a self-portrait to post for the paper mama's current photography challenge but as soon as I saw this challenge I knew right away what photo I wanted to use - I LOVE this one! It's so happy and cheerful.
The Paper Mama


the hubs
I am so far behind participating in the joy of love but here is my Day 1 shot. This is my husband reading on his iPad and Josiah playing on his sister's DS. These are the men I love doing what they love to do!



DSC_6169 copy
Here is my photo for the out of the box color challenge. The theme was gray, so I took this photo on one of the grayest, rainiest days of last week - I got a bunch of photos but this one was my favorite. It's processed with M4H's "Carbon Paper" action, I brushed it away just a little so that the robin would pop a little more.

21 comments:

Sarah Halstead said...

These are all wonderful. Great photos!

Ashley Sisk said...

All of these photos just make me happy - thanks so much for sharing!

Carletta said...

I love your quote shot!
The tangeled gray branches are an abstract delight. You have robins! It's pouring snow here so they're still staying away. :)

Tara said...

Great photos, I hope your little one feels better soon :( Great idea about the letters on the board...might have to use that one with Jack.

SarahinSC said...

You did all that with a three-year-old on your lap? You rock!

Traci said...

I too am far behind in doing "Finding the Joy of Love"! Love the robin - like he's posing just for you on that gray day.

Karen said...

Wow, you're keeping up with a lot of photo challenges. Love the one of your two guys and the happy self-portrait. Wish I had been interested in photography when my two were little!

Dorian Susan said...

I know why you love that selfie....such a joyful photo of you and the little ones. I also like the one of your two serious guys on the couch, and the way you interpreted water. I will let my bro and sil in on that letter matching game...looks like something my niece would enjoy.

Kristin said...

I loved all of these, but I especially love your water shot!

Abi said...

Goodness, you have been busy! Each photo made me stop and stare for a while and I LOVE the quote you chose and the wall of letters for J- what a great idea!

- Jessi - said...

Gorgeous photos! I hope your little one feels better soon.

Ashley Elliott Photography said...

Great photos, your self portrait is so fun!

Coffee Queen said...

you take very lovely pictures!

Jess Craig said...

HOLY COW! FREAKING ADORABLE!

Rebecca said...

Cute baby photos. Your gray photo is pretty much what it looks like outside these days.

Our Journey As One said...

Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at project 64.

Cat said...

love the gray with the hidden robin!

Brooke said...

They are all so great! I love your idea with the letters and the pictures, we are getting ready to start homeschooling in the fall, I'm going to have to file this one away! I love your gray photo and how the little robin almost gets lost, but then you see te pop of red!

Lisa said...

Your self-portrait shot is great! It screams happiness!

Phoenix Peacock said...

You are such a talented photographer. These are amazing.

Chelsey - The Paper Mama said...

I'm so far behind on the Joy of Love thing too... I've read everything... and have taken a couple of photos. :D Love the self portrait!