Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Before & After with Pixel Perfect



Linking up this morning with the amazing, inspiring Monica at Pixel Perfect for this week's Before & After:

1 22 11 sooc
SOOC

ick - the strong yellow hue is just gross and totally unflattering, plus the focus is a little off. I was having a difficult time getting anything usable at all so I thought I would play around with this in photoshop elements a bit.

I posted another version on my blog for my photo of the day here.

I created a diptych with a blurry shot and flattened the image:
1 22 11 copy5
After
I used the "remove color cast" tool, created a duplicate layer which I converted to black and white and reduced opacity, created a few color solid fill layers - a dark brownish red and a light ivory which I reduced the opacity to about 4% but I player around with it quite a bit.

11 comments:

Sheri said...

Nice edit Faith. How you feeling? (Morning sickness?)

Photo Freak said...

pretty!

Kristy said...

very cool, I haven't tried that yet

Ashley Sisk said...

I really love what you've done here!

love and life ♥ said...

This is awesome!

Jamie said...

Wow - stunning

AJ said...

Beautiful edit!

Natalie said...

Wow the difference is huge but really great how you removed the yellow cast!

Courtney said...

Awesome! What a difference!

Mommy2Four said...

Love that edit! I have SO MUCH trouble getting self portraits...I've yet to find a consistent way to get it to work!

Ang said...

Really great edits!