Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Saturday, January 22, 2011

22/365

I woke up this morning feeling depressed and exhausted wondering how in the world I was going to make it through the day - insert amazing friend who was available to watch my kids for a couple hours so that I could get my hair cut and run to the grocery store - and my day turned around!! The kids were so excited to see their friends and everyone was happy to get out of the house.When the hubs came home from work he played a game of Candy Land with the kiddos while I made dinner (swoon) which the kids loved and was really healthy.

I didn't even pick up my camera until after all good natural light was long gone.. I had a bunch of ideas but nothing was turning out the way that I wanted it to. This is what I've settled on for my photo of the day, mostly because I don't think I've ever processed an image quite like this before and I rather like it.

1 22 11 copy3

I spent over an hour tweaking this photo... it was such a mess to begin with!! And there is so much more I could have done, but it's time for bed. What do you think I could have done to improve the edit?
See more edits in the upcoming week or on my Flickr page.

8 comments:

Carrie said...

WOW... it's confirmed... I have NO idea what I'm doing in editing! I think it looks great.

4timesblessed said...

Lovely job editing

4timesblessed said...

I do hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Hope the haircut helped.

The Clip Cafe said...

I like it but maybe somehow blurred the line down the middle? Just a idea :-)

Karin van D. said...

Love this picture. It's so simple and I think that is exactly what makes it so great. Nice!

Erin said...

I really like the edit, looks great!

Jen said...

sorry you feel blue, sometimes my best comes out during these times, this picture is beautiful!

love and life ♥ said...

Wow, you are an editing queen!!! Love the edit! I hope tomorrow is a better day for you! xx