Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

19/365

1 19 11
Edited:
High Pass filter set to Soft Light (Thank you Ashley Sisk!)
Black and White gradient layer with an opacity of about 4%
Saturation +8
I added a solid Navy Blue layer and lowered the opacity to about 4%

I wasn't at all confident that I would be able to find time to take a photo for today and had no idea what I would photograph but then this afternoon, as I was waiting for my computer to reboot, I stepped outside for a minute to take a photo of the mulch outside. This morning was one of those dull damp Georgia mornings and I noticed that there was a lot of brilliant color and deep contrast in my mulch pile,  but I was heading out the door to take the kids to school (and I am NOT a morning person) so I didn't snap a photo.  I'm super glad that I was able to take, edit and post today's photo of the day all on the same day! This is such good practice for me.

SO happy that my computer keyboard is working again!! My wireless keyboard and my cell phone have some sort of freakish rivalry going on. Nearly every time I plug my cell phone into my computer to move photos it crashes my keyboard!! Sometimes I can get it to work right away, sometimes it takes a little more tweaking. Thankfully the hubs was able to set everything right for me - I sometimes think my computer has a personality and doesn't really care for me. She fixes herself almost by magic when a man comes along and does basically the same thing I just did five times in a row! Oh well, at least it's fixed and I can get back to business as usual.

another shot from today

5 comments:

love and life ♥ said...

So pretty & so crisp! xx

Rosie said...

I love your photo - gorgeous tones and a wonderful focus!

Lynda said...

Ashley is my hero for posting that trick. I use it all the time now!

Love this shot! Very nice textures and deep color!

claires365 said...

Great photo, interesting point of view.

I know very little about editing with photoshop but I have used the high pass filter alot this last week. I love the effect it creates.

Sarah Halstead said...

Cool photo. I like it.