Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Big brother before & after




original - unedited.

This is the (somewhat embarrassing) "BEFORE" shot. I was having such a difficult time with the light, since I was shooting in the only corner of the house that wasn't a complete disaster area. My little man was not really cooperating either - he wanted me to take a pic of his new toy "drill" rather than his totally awesome new "Big Brother" shirt.
BIG brother!!

Nikon D80 edited in Photoshop Elements 7 So here is what I did: first I used the hue/cast tool (in the dropdown menu) to do a little white balance correction - sweet! Next I ran the clone stamp tool - which is my favorite tool, I use it all the time - to erase the little dots on the wall and on his face. Then I ran the FREE action from Everyday Elements called "Florida" and adjusted the levels a smidge - then I ran the FREE action from Paint the Moon called "Sugar Cookies" and adjusted the levels a little more. I left the whole image brighter than I usually would but I think I like it.

I'm linking up to Monica's Before & After blog hop at Pixel Perfect. Be sure to check out her blog for more awesome edits!

11 comments:

Sheri said...

What a cutie.

Winn (aka Koreen) said...

Cute shot. I like the softness. :)

Shannan said...

Love your edit. Your son is so handsome :) Have a Happy New Year!

Joyfull said...

What a cutie!! Congratulations on your great news...oh and, the drill is too cool also!! Wonderful edit, brought the light out so much, turned out to be a great picture.

Ashley Sisk said...

Ooohhh...that's a great combination - I love the edit.

Kristy said...

Wow what a change!

Rachel Leigh said...

Love this!!! Great capture, it seems so candid and cute!

Jessica said...

He's soooooooooooo cute! Love the edit!

*Jess* said...

I love it! It really brightens the picture!

Amy said...

Congratulations on the new baby. We just found out today that we're expecting and our super excited about this baby! Our baby is due on our son's birthday!

Cara. said...

What!?! Another! Wow! What exciting news! :-) Happy New year to you!