Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Friday, December 17, 2010

Photography classes

Sometimes I get emails about my classes... you have been asking, is it right for me? what else can I do to improve my photography? Well... my classes are for beginners. I'm not a "professional" photographer, just a mommy with a camera who loves to take photographs and loves to help other people with their photography. When I get your emails telling me how much one of my classes has helped your photography I know that I'm doing something worthwhile... but a lot of you - my wonderful readers - are not beginners. You know how to shoot in manual mode and you are ready for something more. Hopefully one day I'll have the time and mental energy to write a class for you but for now I thought I'd share a few links with you for some other classes I've found around the blogging community.
Disclaimer: I am not making any claims to the quality of these classes, I haven't taken them so I can't vouch for how great or wonderful they may or may not be. Also just thought you'd like to know that I am not being compensated for posting these links in any way.




BLOOM is Brenda Acuncius (who has an amazing blog of her own) and Kristy and they have an awesome blog and provide online and face to face workshops . They are offering a workshop in March $700 for nine weeks. Find out more here.
Also check out the Bloom Forum $60 for 1 year
Be sure to bookmark the Bloom Forum BLOG - very inspiring!

Clickin Moms is an online forum for momtographers. The cost to register is $50 for one year or $195 for a lifetime membership. They offer workshops for their members you can see the list of workshops they will be offering in 2011 here. There are no prices or dates for any of their workshops on the blog.

Kim Klassen photoshop eclasses. Unless you have been living under a rock somewhere you should have heard of the amazing textures available from Kim. She also hosts a couple classes. I'll be taking her free skinny mini class next month. Well, more like observing her class, since I will be up to my eyeballs in my own eclass!

Willette offers some wonderful "Finding Your Joy" workshops and "Keepin it Real" Photo Biz workshop and workbook. She also offers seven different posing guide e-books for $50 each.




One on one mentoring for creativity and photography $800
Project Photography ebook $60


My4Hens Mentorship $250 for two days and $500 for 5 days.

503 photography online workshops - one of the coolest websites ever. $350 for workshop.
One on one mentoring is also available over the phone or in person. Be sure to check out her blog while you are there it is beautiful!




Kelly Rae Roberts is an amazing, creative person she has a book called Taking Flight, an online ebook series called Flying Lessons, a shop and so much more! You just have to check her blog out!


Starting out Right -  thinking about starting up a photography business? Here is a book written just for you! $149 and while you are there check out Year One - a 12 month long series of once a month web classes plus some one on one time. Very cool.


Blog Love e-course for bloggers is 12 sessions from the awesome Elsie of Red Velvet Art and the wildly successful A Beautiful Mess $32 I am so doing this next year! See her other e-courses here.

Tara Gentile has two amazing blogs Tara Gentile.com - big thinking for small businesses and Scoutie Girl and is one of the masterminds behind Creative Empire a forum for creative business owners. She has an e-book called 52 More weeks of blogging your passion and also offers brainstorm sessions  $75 for a blog brainstorm or 4 hours of mentoring for $350. She offers a free mini ecourse, which I have done. I enjoyed receiving a few short emails every week, and look forward to following through on some of the things I learned in the new year.

Well, I hope that you enjoy these links and get inspired to improve your photography (and blogging) in the new year!

5 comments:

ohboy said...

Thank you so much for this post!

Lynda said...

Wonderful post with lots of new finds for me. Thank you so much! Are you a member of Clickin' Moms? I wouldn't recommend joining for the workshops. They fill up VERY quickly (lifetime members get first dibs). They're usually around $300+

Faith said...

No, I'm not a member of Clickin Moms - though I've seen a lot of other bloggers who are. Wow - $300 seems like a lot for an online workshop!!

fairchildstreet said...

Thank you for these. I would love to do your e-class but I am away in January so hope you run another through the year. Charmaine

Linsey said...

Thank you for sharing your classes, I have checked out a few. Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog. What a doll your Katie-Abigail is, all that hair!! Must be something with the Abigail's. Your girls are precious. Newest follower!