Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Monday, December 6, 2010

Happy Monday

Monday - ugh, I have SO much to do!! But for right now I'm going to sit here and sip my hot tea and post a few photos from the weekend and a little bit of lovely Monday morning randomness.
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
{one} This weekend the hubs went to a party and had to bring finger food to share so I suggested that he make Chocolate Chex Party mix. We only make it around the holidays and I just love it. I made it with my sisters as a kid for youth group parties and haven't made it in a couple years. The kids and I helped Daniel with the prep and it was a lot of fun doing this together!
yummy chocolate party mix!!

the kids love it!
The hubs brought some home and we ate most of it up on Sunday night. The kids loved it! We used almond m&ms instead of the peanuts - so yummy!

{two} This weekend I straitened my hair :) After a week of wash and go hair insanity it feels so nice to have it looking pretty again!

Vanilla Pop sepia 2

{three}I'm dreaming of doughnuts! This has been an every morning craving of mine for about a month! There are not one, but two doughnut shops on the way home from taking the girls to school. Every morning I wake up wanting a doughnut - so far I've resisted but it's only a matter of time. One of these weekends I'm going to cave and it's going to be wonderful.

{four} I finally got our little Christmas tree up! I took a few photos and hope to put a post up with those photos this week. It was so great to see all of our ornaments with ten years of memories. We have a bunch of photo ornaments from as far back as the first year that the hubs and I were dating - I love them so much and the reminder of all of the wonderful (and not so wonderful) Christmases that we have spent together... but that's for anther post!

13 comments:

Ashley Sisk said...

Alright Miss...this post is making me hungry. You've photographed all those sweet treats too well!

Allie said...

I love your haircut! So cute! Thanks for linking up!

Chelsea said...

I love that treat too...it is the puppy chow right? with the peanut butter and chocolate? I actually a recipe recently that uses popcorn instead of the chex, and it's called poppy mix. Sounds pretty good!

Jamie said...

Your hair looks adorable! And now you have me craving both donuts and chex mix....

Jessica said...

Mmmmm Donuts are my weakness! Yum, you should stop and buy yourself one (or two!) you deserve it :)

tim prust said...

Love what Dunkin Donuts put on the side of that box..."America Runs on Dunkin" with a guy running. Their donuts are exactly what I need to eat for my post workout. :)

AMY said...

I"m a new follower from Macro Monday.
Love your hair and GREAT Pictures....looks so Yummy!

Amy's Life @
www.amyclairejacob.blogspot.com

Barb said...

Looks yummy!

amatterofhowyouseeit.com said...

Those treats look delicious!

allison said...

love the hair cut - and the profile angle!

JM PhotoArt said...

kind of inspired by your haircut :) that may not be the point, but still. Puppy Chow is sososo good, I think you just inspired me.

Serline said...

Very stylish pic... reminds me of an optical illusion silhouette I saw many many many years ago ;-)

Crystal Rae said...

very cute. I love your hair.