Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Friday, November 19, 2010

Favorites Friday

The hubs is going out of town this weekend - meaning I probably won't be going anywhere near the computer this weekend. So I thought I'd choose my favorite photos from the photography challenge so far... It was so hard to pick only five from all of the wonderful submissions of children and pets and scenic views, so I just went with my personal favorites and the ones that I thought represented some of the best photography technique and post-processing work. Once I gathered my top five I realized that they were all floral/nature photography... in case you haven't noticed, that's one of my favorite subjects to photograph. So enjoy these and vote for your favorite at the end of the post!


This is just about my all-time favorite photograph. I literally sat and looked at it for two minutes! It's just gorgeous. It is taken by Charmaine Paulin of just bits & pieces.


Yet another flower photo - but another one of my favorites! The tones are lovely, the point of focus is nice and sharp and the composition is very appealing. So thank you Jaymi for giving us all something so beautiful to look at!


I just adore sun flare when it's done well and Sarah from Loving my life did an amazing job both as a SOOC image and with this edit.


Usually I am not a big fan of flare added in post-processing but this is one of those rare exceptions where it works! Rosie at leavesnbloom photography did such a lovely job with this edit!


Here is another favorite of mine, I hesitated to have it here as an official top 5, since her blog is in Swedish, but it is just too beautiful not to mention. The photo is by Johanna

Good luck choosing a favorite!



and don't forget to visit Living Well, Spending Less to win one of my cute Gift Certificates!

P.S. I did totally forget to do a post of my favorite eye photos!! Will get one up ASAP - but we won't vote on a favorite.

9 comments:

Jessi said...

did you ever post your favs from the eyes challenge? I loved that one! So many good shots! :)

Mallard Cove Mommy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mallard Cove Mommy said...

Very nice picks! Do you have any favorites from the Eyes challenge? It would be hard for me to decide!

leavesnbloom said...

Oh Faith thankyou so much for picking me as one of your Top 5 - I never ever thought I would have a photo mentioned in your top 5. I'm not a big fan of lens flare but thought it was so appropriate for a day dream as I used to known and get in trouble for my daydreaming in school and regularly used to stare out the window at the sun beams. I would rather have been outside in the sun than inside with Mrs P.

Rosie

Karrie said...

Congrats to everyone! I really enjoyed this challenge. It is very hard to pick just one :) Have a wonderful weekend everyone!

Jaymi said...

wow, I can't believe I'm in the top 5! thanks sooo much!

Sarah Halstead said...

Thank you so much for picking me for a top 5. :D

Katie said...

These are all very gorgeous!

Johanna S said...

Thank you :) for picking me for the top 5 !! ♡