Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thankful on a Thursday


I thought that this was a great link-up and had decided to participate last week. It's good to take a moment now and then to step back and just be thankful... so here goes!


{one} I am thankful for an awesome worship service at my church last Sunday, where I could feel the Spirit move in power. I am thankful that I can even say my church now. Because it was a lonely road there for a little while when we first moved here, but now I am totally confident that this is where God wants me to be (and that is SUCH a great feeling) and I am starting to take those first steps of building relationships, all over again. 

{two}I am thankful for parent-teacher conferences at school and the opportunity that it presents to look at the bigger picture of my parenting, and to know that in between the mornings that end in yelling and the trips to the store that end in time-outs somewhere in there - I'm doing a good job as a parent. That means the world to me. When the kids were smaller I was so unsure of myself and I tried so hard to be a good parent - being a mother of four now, with slightly older kids, I am so much more confident in my ability to be a good mom. I make mistakes, all of the time, but I'm doing okay too - and my kids are happy and respectful at school, at that makes me thankful.

{three} I am thankful for how many people have signed up for my online photography class! Seriously. The day that I opened registration I had fifteen people sign up in one day. That is as many as participated in my first class!

{four} I am thankful for these moments of quiet, while my big girls are at school and I'm at home with just my little man. They are growing up SO fast I want to cherish this time with Josiah.

1 comment:

SouthernSass said...

I want to sign up for your class and will do so this weekend. I am so happy I found your blog!