Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Photography Challenge: Light




Congratulations to Carla! You all choose her photo as your favorite for the flower photography challenge.

Jamie the dancer

This week the theme is LIGHT! I had originally planned on using a different photography for this week's challenge but as I was driving home from taking my kids to school I was touched by the beautiful morning and knew that I wanted to post something from my session with Jamie. You can see more by clicking here. I met Jamie when we were in a Christan ballet class together when I was a teenager. She teaches dance to preschoolers now and has a wonderful spirit. It was such a pleasure to photograph her. The processing in this this is pretty typical of last year - I added the extra sun flare by cloning it from another image (that was challenging!).

You don't have to have a sun flare in your shot to submit it to this week's challenge. It just needs to be an image that communicated light. This week it is pretty wide open to interpretation! I can't wait to see what y'all come up with!
Link up below using the inlinkz widget and please be sure to link back to my blog in your post. If you link up before Friday then your photo will be considered for my top five!

12 comments:

Sulagna said...

Beautiful shot !!

Monica said...

lovely.
can't believe that sun flare is a clone. yikes! what a job that must have been.

stephanie slater clark said...

Beautiful shot! I can't wait to get home tonight to link up. I took some shots of the sun setting on my way home last week I might just use! =)

Ashley Sisk said...

That photo is so beautiful and I love your use of texture. Nicely done.

Raymonde said...

Hello Faith, I finally got the right day for light! I had posted last week and then I realize it was flowers!!!

Anyway, I enjoy the challenges.

Love your photo and the processing. When I grow up, I will be a photo editor!

Have a good week. xxx

Katie said...

Faith, that is AWESOME! I love the old photo look you gave it, too!

Kimberly said...

First time playing along. Your picture is absolutely gorgeous!

4simplyliving said...

I love the texture too :) I really need to take the time and figure textures out.

Dina @ 4 Lettre Words said...

Gorgeous photo!

Jennifer Leigh said...

Talk about some amazing entries!! I am happy to be amongst some darn talented photogs! You are all so inspirational!

satakieli said...

Beautiful post processing and texture on that photo! Gorgeous!

I had a lot of fun playing around for this weeks challenge. Thank you for hosting!

theviewfinderbytsdg said...

What a beautiful shot! She has such beautiful lines!