Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Monday, October 18, 2010

It's Monday


It's Monday and I'm feeling soooooo tired today. I slept through my alarm and have been in a fog all day. It's been one of those grumpy days where I can't seem to get anything done - at least not anything really helpful. One of those days when I want to just throw my hands up and scream good-freaking-grief!!!

and then go take a nap.

Confession: some days I really don't want to be a mommy. I HATE feeling that way because I just adore my children and I am so grateful to have four healthy, beautiful children... but then there are just those days. Like last night. I just want to be ME for a little while and not MOMMY. I want to have an adult conversation that doesn't revolve around potty training and time outs. I want to be young and go out and have fun. I hate feeling this way. I am thankful that these feelings pass and are replaced with love for my children and joy in my mothering. My kids were simply adorable this morning, which almost never happens in the morning. They actually helped each other out instead of fighting. I looked in my rear view mirror and smiled because they are such sweet little souls. Even if they do drive me crazy.

Confession: I am super stressed out. I am trying to get childcare arranged for my church's ladies retreat that I signed up to go to. The kids have the day off of school (what is up with that?) so it is even more difficult. I've been praying about it and trying not to get stressed out but it is becoming a big issue for me. I have four days to get this worked out or I don't go. Everyone I've asked so far can't do it, or can only take a few of my kids part of the time, which I would be fine with if I could fill in the gaps. But so far, no can-do. grrrrr. If you say a prayer for me, would you leave a little comment letting me know?

Confession: I don't like how little transparency my blog has had lately. Having a photography-themed blog it is sometimes difficult to know how much of my life I want to share on here but I feel like I'm trying to portray myself on here as better than I really am and I don't want to do that.

So I'm starting this weekly themed post and I'm calling it Confessions. Some weeks it might be rather trivial and superficial other weeks it might be deeply personal, or spiritual. I know that I am the most encouraged by other bloggers who share their lives graciously yet openly, I am comforted by knowing that I am not alone. There are other women, all around the world, who share common struggles... and joys. Which is why I'm also making this a link-up post. So we can gather our confessions together and confess that life is hard, we make mistakes and that's okay.

(To grab your button right click on the photo and copy the image url)




9 comments:

Mandy said...

What a great idea! I'm sure it will help to get things out a little and have the support of your blogger friends. And I know what you mean in your 1st confession... we all go through times like that. Adult conversation is a MUST... you deserve that!

ShutterNinja said...

Hi. I understand how you feel. Having kids and working full time and running a household and trying to make time for your husband, not to mention family and friends... it can be overwhelming! I am glad I have photography to turn to when these feelings hit. Thank the Lord that He blesses us with good times to remind us how much we have to be thankful for!

Kimberly Gauthier said...

I can't speak to the parenting part, but I can say that I'm thankful that you have a non traditional photography blog. I do too and I don't feel so out of the norm, like I'm destined to fail, because I'm not following the rules.

Don't feel too bad for being human. You're not alone :)

Heidi said...

This is such a great idea; thank you for the opportunity to vent a little bit.

Uyen said...

Faith, this is such a great idea. I so needed to do this today. I don't know how many times I feel the exact way you do in Confession #1 and #2. Keep calm and carry on...my friend!

satakieli said...

I really identify with your last point. When I gave my blog a new start, moving from blogger to WP, I decided that I wanted to be able to go back and read it and remember only the good things. So the good things are mostly what I post.

Since then I've been accused of being dishonest and fake, but I think we can safely presume that everyone has good and bad days, whether we write about them or not.

theviewfinderbytsdg said...

This is a really good idea. I always find comfort in knowing I'm not alone. And for now my blogging is very separated....I have a photography blog and then a personal blog. I don't know if they will ever converge...maybe someday. I appreciate your honesty.

G'mom Becky said...

I am praying that you will be able to attend the retreat and the care of my darling grand kids will be a blessed time for them also. I wish I could get out of my commitment; just not possible.

Ruth said...

I love this post. As a blogger, I too often feel like in trying to help others live well for less, the image of myself on my blog is better than the person I actually am. Thanks for sharing. My own confessions will be coming soon!

Hugs,

Ruth
living well, spending less