Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Twilight: Elcipse

I just walked through the door from watching Twilight Eclipse, and I have to talk about it. It's the first Twilight movie I've seen and OMG! I get why people love it, I totally get it. WOW. The cinematography in that movie was aaaaaammmmmaaaaaazzzzzziiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnggggggggg!!!!!!!!! I would have watched it for just that. But poor Dakota Fanning - she could have been so awesome. Why did they give her such a small role? And could someone please explain to me why the heck Bella choose Edward? I mean, I get the attraction of being totally and passionately devoted but seriously? Sure, Robert Pattinson is like, divine but while I adored him in "Remember Me" I wasn't crazy about him as Edward. Which is funny because I loved the character of Jacob but don't really care for Taylor Lautner. But why oh why would you give up being HUMAN so you could marry a guy at what, like 17? What kind of a message is THAT?! I SO wanted her to be with Jacob. It just made so much more sense to me. Maybe that's because I haven't seen the other two movies. Maybe. I just had a hard time getting into the whole teen-drama of it. "I promise to love you every moment of forever" yeah right, whatever. I'll settle for good and faithful, thankyouverymuch. I just don't think that kind of romantic relationship is possible. Unless you're a passionate, intense vampire, right? Yeah, like I said - whatever.

Moving on...

How much do you love Alice Cullen's hair?

 Do you think it would look good on me? J/K
Wouldn't this be a good look for me? LOL!

Actually I've had my hair cut just like that before. The one on the left is me last year and the other one is me on Emma's first birthday I'm NEVER going to be as hot as Ashley Greene ever. But that's okay.

HAIRCUT!!!DSCF0103

Okay - now back to my Flickr Group - be back tomorrow for some student photo awesomeness!!

6 comments:

Steph said...

I LOVE the Twilight Series....You have to read the books (if you ever get some time!) The books are so much better than the movie! I am actually re-reading them for like the 6th time....yeah, I know! I didn't have anything new to read, and I have to read a little before I go to bed :)

Some of my assignments this week are going to have to wait until Saturday....I have an idea for the the portrait challenge & the Contemplate Your Shot but it has to be done in my hometown ;)

Melissa said...

I'm a Twilight Fan, though I prefer the books to the movies.

To be honest, I really dont' get the Jacob thing. A couple of my girlfriends are Team Jacob, and I just don't see it. I'd choose forever with the love of my life over 50 years of comfortable.

And you could actually really work that Alice hair, I think it would look great on you.

Just discovered your blog, it's lovely.

Joy Taylor said...

You have to watch the first two Twilights to understand why Edward is just so awesome. Jacob is OK but Edward is to die for. But I suggest you watch the first two movies and if you read the books you do get so much more description.

Tricia said...

You're so cute! As far as Twilight goes, I say this: READ THE BOOKS!! The movies are good, but the books are a LOT better!! You will get why she chose Edward if you do. Although, I have to agree that in the movies, you don't really get why she would choose him. That part of it was not well done , in my opinion. Oh, and since that's really the whole point, I guess they didn't do such a great job telling the story.

Alice's hair is super cute, as is yours. ;)

an9e1a said...

Heehee, I'm team Edward!! :D Oh yeah, they're right. You've definitely gotta read the books!! And watch the first movie. I sort of fell in love with Twilight when I watched it. I get the whole Jacob thing, but that whole passionate-intense-teenager-vampire-love thing only happens like once in forever. ;)

Kimberly Gauthier said...

Glad that I found this review, because I want to watch it, but have been waiting for DVD. I read the books - you might get it if you read the books.

It's back in my theater so I think I'll go see it tomorrow. It's just a lot of fun.

The hair is great. I'd love it myself, but I spent the past year growing my hair out so no scissors for a long time. Looking forward to a new look for you!