Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Touch-up Tuesday: { better late than never }

Touch Up Tuesday's at the Paper Mama

I'm linking up this afternoon with Chelsey at The Paper Mama's Paper Heart Camera Touch-up Tuesday link-up. If you are at all interested in photo editing and haven't visited the Paper Heart Camera site it is SO worth the visit!

I took this photo before the weekend, inspired by some of the cool white on white photos that I'd seen on Flickr lately.
SOOC
SOOC


bottle:: edited
Here's one edit. I wanted to clone out the edges to make the white smoother but I just didn't have the time this afternoon. I made quite a lot of little adjustments to the contrast and saturation, but mainly I just ran Amanda's Everyday Actions "Florida" and Paint the Moon's "Sugar Cookie" and then adjusted some of the layers

edit & crop
This one I used the Florida Action and also the new action from Paper Mama, but I deleted a bunch of the color layers because I wanted this to look very simple. I also cropped it to square and tilted it a little.

So there you have it. What do you think? I'm such a newbie to editing in PSE but I'm enjoying it very much!

9 comments:

Sheri said...

Great job Faith! Looks nice.

Sarah Ann said...

I love this picture... what kind of camera do you have?

Faith said...

I use a Nikon D80 and usually use my 18 - 55mm lens

Gilding Lilies said...

Nicely done, it looks great!

Jamie said...

Love it!

Ashley Sisk said...

I really love your second edit! I need to pull out my 18-55 more often. The simplicity of this shot is beautiful.

Ashley Jean said...

Great edit! Very good

GingerGirl Photography ~ Amy Ferrell said...

I think this is really great. I worked today with product on all white. Ok new love! white posterboard!!

Sarah Halstead said...

I love the last picture. Very simple.