Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Thursday, August 5, 2010

we did it!

I've officially made it off of the couch and back into full-time motherhood, thankfully -  I've got SO much to do this week!

I finally got my kids registered for school today! After two hours of testing and then another hour of filling out paperwork and it is done. I am so pleased, we really wanted the kids to go to this school and I'm so happy that they are finally in! My older kids scored really highly on reading - oh yeah, all those painful hours of listening to my beginner readers has paid off! Not so great on math - worksheets here we come...

When Katie-Abigail met her teacher she shrieked and hid behind me and refused to say anything to her teacher or make any eye contact. It totally freaked me out. She has been doing that at church but she was so cheerful all day at school I just wasn't expecting such an extreme reaction. I should have known - she's always been rather explosive. Explosively happy or mad or... scared.  So we went back to the school later this afternoon, (to drop off the aforementioned huge stack of paperwork) I'd talked to Katie-Abigail about it and she did much better and even gave the teacher her a hug! yay. Open house is tomorrow and school is on Monday. I don't know who is going to cry more on Monday - I'm going to miss having my baby girl at home. We had such a nice time while the bigs were at school.

Oh and check it out - I'm guest judging over at the Paper Mama - how cool is that?

7 comments:

Hannah said...

How exciting, and sad at the same time. I know I am going to be a big crier when my boys go off to school!

gibknitty said...

glad you are feeling better, and good luck with it on monday.

Jamie said...

So glad you are feeling better!

Ashley Sisk said...

Glad you're feeling better and it's very cool that you're a guest judge. I'm guest judging next week. I'm excited!

Tezzie said...

Awww...how exciting for your baby girl to be starting school! I can't even imagine my 2 there yet, but time moves much too quickly and they'll be standing there at the school's front door meeting their teacher before I know it! I hope it goes well for her (and for you ;D).

Thanks ever so much for stopping by 'my place' and leaving such kind comments...they mean a lot to me! <3

Liz said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Have fun guest judging! :)

Tezzie said...

Just wanted to stop by and say THANK YOU for choosing my pic, and for the kind comments you made!...the win is so totally unexpected, and such a wonderful surprise :D