Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Friday, August 27, 2010

"Read to Me Mommy!" Monday

(lol - I accidentally published this on the wrong day! Well, I guess you get to get Monday's post a couple days early! Happy Weekend!)

Welcome to "Read to Me Mommy" Monday - every Monday I'll feature a book that I've enjoyed reading to my children :)

This week I enjoyed reading Wombat Walkabout by Carol Diggory Shields, it's fun to read with just a few words on each page. In my view any book that says "mate" and "bloke" and "glee" is a fun book to read. ha!

The theme of the story is counting down - it's one of those "and then there were five..." types of books, but it really works. The rythm and rhyme of this book is very nice and the illustrations are adorable!

2 comments:

The Adventures of a Blondie Mommie said...

What a great idea for a series of blog posts! I love reading to my own son and plan on checking Wombat Walkabout out for him!

Faith said...

Thanks! :)