Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Monday, August 23, 2010

My Monday Children's Book Recommndation

Yeah, okay so that blog post title could use a little work :)

Grumpy Bird by Jeremy Tankard is a charming, bright and funny book about a little bird who wakes up GRUMPY - too grumpy to eat, too grumpy to play, too grumpy even to fly -so he takes a walk and along he way his friends cheer him up!

The fun part about reading this book to Josiah was that I read it as though Josiah was the grumpy one. I read "Josiah walked ..." and then insted of the friend Rabbit I would insert the name of one of our family members - "Josiah walked past Emma and Emma said 'Hey Jojo!' " Josiah got a real kick out of that :)

Now we're off to the Library to find another!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

This sounds great. I will definitely check it out. We love books in this house. Thank you for the recommendation.