Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Friday, August 13, 2010

{i HEART friday}

Is it really Friday already? WOW this week has gone by so quickly! We have had a wonderful first week of school. Despite all of my anxiety my three girls are doing wonderfully and loving their clases! We are all a bit tired with the week winding down, but we are starting to get into a groove. Wednesday really was the hardest day and it has been a bit easier ever since. I am so looking forward to the weekend though!

Josiah and I haven't driven each other completely bonkers... yet. I am enjoying the time with just my little man so much! In fact we are discussing the possibility that he may start his own blog. It would be written by my two year old... of course with help from me. Not quite sure I can handle that, but the idea is very appealing.

So here are some bits and pieces that I've collected this week to share with you...

Isn't this room simply amazing?! I love the cheerful yet soothing color on the walls and the repition of colors & globes.

Check out the rest of this AMAZING "big boy" room at our humble abode
also the post for her little boy room is lovely!


Hannah at Aspire has written a wonderful Blogging 101 post that is certainly worth a quick read!
Hannah is also doing an AWESOME giveaway from the etsy shop rafya

I just discovered an amazing website that most of y'all reading my blog have probably already seen but it is so beautifully awesome I had to post about it. There is SO much inspiration for everyone!
I guest judged for The Paper Mama the other week, which was a wonderful opportunity to see some new blogs. My favorite shot from the challenge was a wonderful one from Tezzie at Not Always Picture Perfect go check her blog out and leave her some comment love. Her photography is AMAZING.

Okay here is something else that is realy cool: Christy at Skinned Knees is doing an AWESOME community journaling project. 

 


I now have nearly 30 participants for the Fall {SLR} Photography Class!! I am SO thrilled!! Be sure to GRAB YOUR BUTTON if you've registered for the fall class! And you can enter to win a free spot in the class at The Paper Mama (but don't wait to see if you win! go ahead and register for the class, I'll refund the registration to the winner!)



p.s. I thought this video was SO funny!! This is "Pride & Prejudice in 100 Seconds" Gotta love a good Pride & Prejudice gag.

8 comments:

Shari said...

WooHoo! I just signed up for the Fall class. I am excited. I am headed over to place my button on my blog! Yippee!!!

Ashley Sisk said...

So much goodness here. I've got a couple of these links open and ready to check out.

Mandy said...

So glad to hear you've had a better week!! Those boys rooms are seriously cute! I love them!

Amanda said...

I love that video! Hilarious!

KGS said...

I would love to take your class, although I am getting an error when I try to pay.....
HELP!
Kathleen.schoen@gmail.com

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

that big boy room is adorable! i think a blog for josiah could be simply adorable! glad to hear that your 1st week went well. i always admire homeschooling moms like you!!!

Faith said...

Kathleen - the link is fixed now!

Carissa - thanks. I only homeschooled them for the end of last year. This year they are going to an Arts Infusion public school

Caitlin said...

I love that video!!!!