Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Monday, July 19, 2010

Miscellany Monday: the sentimental edition

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


This post is coming to you very, very late. I didn't spend my usual blogging time blogging - I spent it frantically trying to put together this week's lesson while trying to get my house in something less than all out chaos for our friends to come over and swim with us tomorrow while the kids were screaming - sometimes mad, sometimes just being silly and having fun. Then tonight I spent my other blogging time working on a flyer for my {awesome} husband's promotion. But better late than never, right?

Recently I've been feeling a bit overwhelmed by life and fittingly this week's theme over at i heart faces is "Over My Head" and let me tell you what - I am waaaay in over my head trying to raise my almost  pre-teen.





I took these during one of her most recent crying fits. She has these nerely daily now!

My baby Beth is growing up - faster than I expected. We went this week to buy her a first training bra, even though she barely needs and I am overwhelmed by this desire to be present, to savor this season, to be there for here during this difficult transition in her life. It is a hard seson of life for me, that is for sure. The constant demands, the mind-numbing tasks done over and over, the emotional strain of the tantrums, the sleep deprivation and total lack of personal time or space. Yet for all the sacrifices made during this season there are a million little blessings ready for me to see if I will only open my eyes to them. I don't want to miss this. I don't want to look back and say that I missed out on one of the best things that ever happened to me because I was too distracted with other less important things. I want my children to know that while I might not have been able to give them the white picket fence and tree swing childhood that I wanted to, they have always been cherished and adored.

I want to remember that my life is passing at the speed of light. It happens in a blink.

Which brings me to the Air1 Freeze Frame photo challenge & camera giveaway! Go check it out, it's sweet!

I've got gobs of photos from the weekend that I have barely even looked at, but this mama has got to get to bed!

Love ya.

7 comments:

Simplegirl said...

I know what you mean as not wanting to miss anything, I feel the same way. Although spending time on my little creations, I feel it's more important to give time to my little boy. Good for you for having that in mind, so important. Coming from Misc. Mon:-)

krissilugbill said...

aw, what sad but sweet photos. Perfect for over my head. I dont even want to think about Lila being a teen! or pre-teen...good luck to you :O)

LeAnna said...

It amazes me how quickly kids change, and grow! My little is 18 months today, and while he seems so big sometimes, I'm constantly reminded at how small he really is. You blink and then they're all grown up...

Christine said...

I love your capture of the tears on the cheek, your twist of "over my head", and your reference to the "Blink" song. Great post!

Ashley Sisk said...

I think your photo completely reflects the changes that both you and her are going through. I can feel your exhaustion and struggle with finding balance. And for her, she's going through so many changes. But she's a beautiful girl and she'll get through them all. I just checked out that contest. Very cool.

Jess said...

What a great way to think outside the box. I am not looking forward to those years. Thankfully my daughter is only two so we still have a ways to go. Good luck!

lisaschaos said...

I feel the same way! Wish we were allowed as adults to just have a good cry now and then. :) The bra stage I remember most form my daughter is her slipping this little paper in my hand and stating she needed more of "these" only bigger - it was the tag from her bra. She was SO shy!