Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Thursday, June 24, 2010

One Word - hello

self-portrait
I put it off until the light is perfect
until my hair is done until
I have time to photo-shop it
to erase the lines and the dots

but you know what,
it's time to just be me
I'm not going to cover up
I'm not going to be ashamed
because I'm not perfect
but then no one is.

before

linking up with the Pixel Perfect
Shutter Sisters self-portrait challenge One Word Project  word for the month of June is "hello"

7 comments:

Snapshotsofhappiness said...

I am the same way with self portraits. This is a really sweet photo. :)

Lynda said...

I actually like the before better. The effect you've used is very interesting, but I've seen it a lot on your selfies. Your face is too pretty to cover up like that. :)

Courtney said...

I have yet to do the self-portrait. I don't know why... I like both shots really well. I actually really love the bright green foliage behind you.

Corinne said...

Love it! (and I'm such a huge fan of nose rings... I'm talking myself into getting one as soon as I think the kids won't tug on it...)

Mommy2Four said...

I've found that self portraits are the only way I ever appear in any pictures! lol.... I guess that tends to happen when you're the one always yielding the camera!

Very nice!

kbreints said...

Great picture! Before and After :)

This Heavenly Life said...

I'm so glad you just went for it! Self portraits are so fraught with undertones, aren't they?

You're lovely, by the way :)