Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Monday, June 14, 2010

Misc Monday

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters
This morning I'm linking up with Carissa at Lowercase Letters with a few random thoughts

{1} Do you ever forget to plug things in? I sure do. I put my cell phone on it's charger totally forgetting that I'd unplugged the charger. Then the other day I put some bread in the toaster and started to get impatient for it to warm up - until I realized that the toaster wasn't plugged in. I do this all of the time.

{2} Josiah has been saying the cutest things recently. He will be three years old in September. Last week Josiah had let one of his sisters dress him so he came to me and said "Mommy, I'm gorgeous." Later the toilet backed up and Josiah got wet it was so funny watching him srew his little face up and wail "I got wet!" He was obviously upset that he'd messed up his outfit. This is so new for him. He's the kind of little guy that throws toys into the potty and then reaches in to fish them out - just for fun, and to freak Mommy out.


{3} We were in the van and Josiah was digging in his nose when he said "Mommy I've got a cheese bugger" ha!

{4} I finally got a turn to play on the Wii yesterday! So fun! My favorite thing to play is Wii Tennis - but it takes a stinking crazy amount of focus - which ain't gonna happen whit four little kiddos screaming through the house!

{5} Emma' birthday is Friday!! She'll be turning seven. I can hardly believe it. These years have gone by too quickly. It seems like she was two and then I blinked and now she is going into second grade!


{6} Don't forget that my photography challenge will only be on Tuesday and Wednesday thiss week! Enter my giveaway to win a month of FREE photography classes!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the Wii. My 6 year old can beat me on fencing.I don't know how he does it, but I'm at his mercy when we play.

Beautiful pictures! And Happy Birthday to your sweet daughter!

Rachel

alicia said...

What a fun meme. Kid's say the darndest things, don't they?

kim said...

I forget to plug things in all the time, I did the same thing with my cell phone this morning.
Happy Miscellany Monday!

Barbie said...

Your post had me laughing. I remember the time we invited friends over for a crock pot of stew after church. When we walked in the door I started to wonder why I couldn't smell anything. Well, although I turned the crock pot "on" before leaving, I forgot to plug it in. We had to order pizza! Your children crack me up. Oh and I wish I had a Wii. I tell myself that the Wii Fit is my key to weight loss! Blessings!

LeAnna said...

Love the Wii! I just wish I remembered we had it more often, it would be a great workout. I like golfing, haha. Which is funny because I do not like golfing for real. :P

carissa @ lowercase letters said...

ha! i love the "i'm gorgeous" comment! kids just say the best things ever! how cute! have a wonderful day!

emily said...

i love random thoughts :)

Shelle said...

it does go too quick...i realized this week after the first 5 years there's the next 5 years, which goes just as quick, then another 5 years and that's it...they're on their way...actually it starts around 12 yrs. i think it helps when you have a lot of kiddies though...you don't have time to mourn the loss :)

do you have a theme for this week's photography challenge?

Krissy said...

I love Wii Tennis!! It's so much damn fun. :)

About plugging things in, I always do that. I put macaroni and cheese in the microwave for the kids earlier and came back a few minutes later to find it wasn't even turned on. How could I put it in there and walk away!? HA I'm forgetful sometimes.

I got your link from Monday Miscellany! I'm now following you and hope you can stop by my blog and read my Monday Miscellany too!

http://theartsymom.tk