Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Thursday, June 10, 2010

doing a happy dance!

This afternoon I'm doing a happy dance! My wonderful little sister tagged me for the Beautiful Blogger Award! This is my first award and it made me so happy!!!
10 random things about me

1. I was homeschooled K-12
2. I got married at age 17
3. I've lived in Georgia since I was 4 (before that we lived in Grand Rapids, Michigan)except for six months while Daniel & I lived in Montana
4. I was a ballet dancer until I was 14. I really appreciate the sacrifices that my parents made so that I could do this.
5. Right now we're watching BBC's "life" by the people who made planet earth. these are some of our favorite things to watch as a family.
6. When I was about 15 I wanted to live in a Jane Austen novel. I've always loved the outfits and the simple way of life.
7. I started blogging December 2005, it was called "A Homemaker's Journal" then I started writing "Everything but the Kitchen Sink" Five years of blogging (on and off), WOW.
8. I've been using my DSLR since January of 2008
9. One day I want to travel to Africa and Italy.
10. My favorite show on TV is BONES



Plus I just checked my site meter and I reached my goal of getting 500 hits this week, and it's only Thursday! sweet! Participating in the Creativity Boot Camp really increased my traffic, as well as being super-fun!


8 comments:

alicia said...

Thanks girl for the award. I'm touched!! Sounds like we have lots in common. I could live in a Jane Austen book, I was married at a young age of 19, and I love my SLR too!

GlowinGirl said...

Congrats to you! Loved learing more about you.:)

Yellow House said...

Yours is a beautiful blog! Congrats on the award!

emily said...

ahhh, thanks friend for the award!

i LOVED reading about you---married at 17?!! wowzers! love it :)
em

The Paper Mama said...

Oh, what a VERY lovely surprise! You are a beautiful blogger, and it was so interesting to get to know you more. Wow, I was definitely too immature to get married at 17.

The Paper Mama said...

Thank you so much. Here's my link.
http://thepapermama.blogspot.com/2010/06/blogger-awards-from-simplicity-and-beka.html

Laura said...

Thanks so much!! What a sweet surprise :)

LeAnna said...

Thanks for the award, girl!
Don't you just love BBC? Combine that with Jane Austin and :swoon: I love all of their mini series.