Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Friday, June 11, 2010

Creativity Boot Camp: Grow

When I first read the word was grow I instantly knew what I did not want to take a photo of - a flower, a berry or a baby. It only took a moment to think of what I wanted to do, which is a good thing because I didn't have much time with the camera today, the kids are acting totally crazy from VBS. They are tired and out of their normal routine. I only expect it to get worse from here - the mother in-law is coming on Saturday ALL WEEK LONG (pray for me!) the kids adore her, but we don't alway see eye to eye. So I may be a little scare around here for the next week.
Anyway.. on to today's post.


Here is my photo for "growing" the smaller heart ring is one that my parents gave to me when I was quite young, maybe six or seven. The other is my wedding ring and it reminds me of how I have grown.


My little girl wears my ring now, and she is growing too and maybe will one day wear a wedding ring of her own and have a little girl who wears grandma's ring.



all images are strait out of camera & I used my macro filter

Don't forget to enter my Giveaway for a FREE month of photography classes!!



7 comments:

Wendy said...

Really nice - lovely images!

krissilugbill said...

oh i adore your pictures! so very creative, i like your thinking outside the box :) I have to admit I went boring on this one, the first thing that came to mind was my 7 month old baby girl. I really tried to convince myself to do something else but nothing felt right. This past week she has started crawling, and pulling herself up, and using a sippy cup, it was just to much to ignore...it just had to be documented :)

But, i love where you went with it! the pictures are beautiful! I also love this idea, i have a purity ring that my parents gave me as well, so I am going to have to save it! great idea, very inspiring.

I am interested in your e-class!

lovingmylife said...

How sweet! I love your creativity. Thanks for the award, it made my day. :)

Corinne said...

This is such a precious post - what a lovely take on the prompt. And so creative!

Hyacynth said...

Yes! What a beautiful representation of growth! I completely feel like marriage is such a growing opportunity that leads us to so many other deep growing opportunities. Thanks for sharing!

The Paper Mama said...

Wow, this is so sweet. I really love it. What wonderful photos.

Laura said...

I love these photos! Precious! :)