Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A New Photo Challenge & Pixel Perfect Before/After Challenge!


In a Yellow House is one of my new favorite blogs, she's participated in my photography challenges and always leaves the greatest comments, so I thought I'd return the favor and participate in her brand-spanking-new Photo Challenge! The theme this week is food! I love to photograph food. I'm not terribly good at it (yet) but I still really enjoy trying.


Hop on over to In a Yellow House and participate! But don't forget to leave some comment lovin' here first.



I LOVE participating in the Pixel Perfect Before & After Photography Challenge, it's one that I look forward to every week.


before


after

This week I'm submitting my before & after from a photo shoot I did for the first week of the photography challenge I host on my blog every week! If you'd like to participate this week click here the theme is Flowers, which is always a fun and easy theme!

Yes, I promise it's the same photograph! I cropped it and cloned out the window, desaturated it, added a light brown transparent layer and bumped up the contrast a bit. It took a while but it was so worth it.

12 comments:

LeAnna said...

Mmmmm! I've been craving a nice juicy orange. Anything citrus, actually! Great pic.

Katy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I fixed my linky so it's not closed anymore. Sorry about that! Anyway, I love your blog (as I'm trying to catch up with it). Can't wait to join in on some of you photo challenges!

Yellow House said...

That orange looks delicious! Thanks for playing along! It's fun to see familiar blog friends here too :)

cooperkelly4 said...

all I can say is: yum!

Melissa said...

Food is very hard for me to photograph...you did a great job onboth of these! I am now hungry for some strawbee's!

Christy @Living Life As Mum said...

Glad you were able to join in the blog hop at Pixel Perfect. It's something that all of us look forward to all week long. Great photo and edit!

Christy @Living Life As Mum said...

Hahahaha! Just realized that I completely misunderstood your post. Mommy brain will do that. ; ) I've been away from the blog hop for the past few weeks and I didn't realize that you had already been joining in. : )

Pixel Perfect said...

I love strawberries and you did a great job photographing them! Great edit!

Julie said...

Love both of these. Makes me want to eat oranges and strawberries!

Coneflower Ranch said...

I agree with Julie, I think that both are wonderful! Thank you for your kind comments over at my blog! :-)

Victoria said...

It is amazing how different the photo looks with some edits! I love it. And those strawberries look delicious!

The Paper Mama said...

The orange looks juicy! Great photo!
-chelsey