Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Young Victoria

I am SO thrilled that Young Victoria is finally out to rent at Redbox! There are few movies that I watch and are so sad that they are over as Young Victoria. It's a beautiful story narrating the courtship of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert. From the very first scene the cinematography is wonderful, the locations are amazing and the costumes are brilliant. Like any Historical Drama there are lots of characters and lots to keep up with but it is well worth it. The relationship between Victoria and Albert is a kaleidoscope of laughter and passion, fear and anguish, triumph and love. It is a beautiful, beautiful film and I really loved it.









Winner of 2010 Oscar for best Costume Design









Another movie you might like is Bright Star

2 comments:

Maryvel Friesen said...

I can NOT wait to see this movie! Looks awesome! We love her from "The Devil wears Prada" such a good actress!

Critty said...

I just added this to my netflix queue. I LOVE movies like this. And Bright Star is next in my queue. I cannot wait to see it.