Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I am my own worst enemy

This week I found the voice of my inner perfectionist. No one would ever think I had one - I'm the one who gives up on projects, is totally a half-assed housewife and would much rather take a nap (or blog!) than fold the laundry - but apparently she's in there somewhere and she came out kicking and screaming this week!

Our little house was SO cute before me moved in and now there are boxes everywhere, it's chaos - total and complete chaos. Okay, maybe it's not quite that bad but it's not peaceful and scerene. I'd like to take photos of the new place that don't look like we just scrawled "I was here" on the walls of our new home - I want it to look like a home tour! Already. After one week. What the heck?

There's nobody telling me I ought to have all my boxes unpacked within the week, except for me. There's no one saying that I can't let the kids watch TV & movies and play video games so that I can get one freaking box unpacked, except for me.

So when by Wednesday I was so stressed out that I just wanted to lay down and die I realized that I was hurting myself and needed to slow down and appreciate what I have.

It also helps my stress that I got some help with the kids - the wonderful family that we're working with here has been great. You know they are an awesome family when a mom with four kids of her own invites my four kids over and feeds them dinner. That is nothing short of angelic.

I've thought about that quote I posted last week ...it is blessed to receive with grace and a grateful heart.” ― Sarah Ban Breathnach right now I've been on the receiving end of a lot of generosity right now, but that is a blessed place to be too.

No comments: