Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Friday, March 19, 2010

too tired

I am so doggone tired. Daniel spent the day in Augusta doing stuff for work so he has been gone from 5am. It's 10pm now and he's still not home. So I've been at home with all the kiddos plus a neighbor who is spending the nigh (she's very well behaved, thank God!) by myself all day long. Not a new thing, but still, so tiring.
I had a catastrophe with my dresser re-do. I took pictures of it but I'm too tired take all the steps that are required to get them from my camera to my blog - so I guess I'll save it for another day.
I also have a new book Lovely Bones no it's not a BONES novelization (though wouldn't that be lovely?) It was recently made into a movie. I've heard they are both really good. I don't know if I should watch the movie first or read the book, one always spoils the other. I'd love to snuggle down on the couch with a cup of decaf coffee and my new book but 1) I accidentally packed up all my decaf coffee today when I was packing "extra" pantry stuff. 2) I know I'd be asleep in five minutes flat.
We had some absolutely crazy moments - like things have never been so crazy before in my life! But then we had this perfectly wonderful moment this afternoon. Josiah had fallen asleep on me (after he got up from his nap) Katie-Abigail was putting together virtual puzzles on my phone (because her favorite ones are packed and it's just so much more fun to do them on mom's phone) Emma was playing on PixieHollow.com and Beth was sitting in the sunshine drawing and petting the dog. It was a perfect moment. I know life can't be that calm and peaceful every moment of the day, and I {loved} the tickle-fight that Jojo, K-K & I had before bedtime. But that moment at nap time was a moment of perfection, for me, and I didn't feel quite so scared-to-death about having the kids home all the time after the move. I imagined things going well and cherishing those months with my children. I hang onto those moments because to be honest I'm pretty nervous about how the kids and I are going to handle the move, and homeschooling. It seems like it's going to be so exhausting and require a higher level of organization and I also feel like I'm going to have to keep my act together otherwise everything will fall apart, which is something I haven't done well at lately. But you know, writing that I realize that I don't have to hold myself to that crazy-high standard. Just because we move into this little {cute} house and I start home schooling again doesn't mean that I have to suddenly be perfect. That would come in awfully handy, but that's an unrealistic expectation.
Anyway... I'm rambling.
I stumbled across two amazing blogs that I wanted to mention here: The first is a family of six (like ours!) SO sweet and the photography on her blog is so awesome. Then there is an uber-cool site/blog called Rookie Moms - it so totally rocks! (which reminds me of the sea turtles in Finding Nemo, is that lame?) The link is for an AWESOME, quick read that offers a perspective-shifting moment for us moms (and dads).
Check back on Monday for news about guest bloggers!!
Only 14 more days until we move!

No comments: