Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

DIY - Tuesday

It is a perfect spring day in Atlanta. The sun is shining the daffodils are blooming and it has just been a great day. I took the littlest two to Wal-Mart and they were SO good. I gave them some chocolate milk before we left and I gave them more on the way home (the mayfield chocolate chug is just the bomb!) and reminded myself that it never works the same way twice. This time they were happy, next time they'll be hyper. But I got some spray paint and got busy!!

So this is pretty much what I've been doing the last two days, in between packing. It started with the lamp (inspired by this photo) which I spray painted so that I could sell it at the consignment shop however I like it so well that I just might keep it. I also enjoyed having something that I like doing while the kids are playing outside plus I was so inspired by this post that I really wanted to try my hand at re-painting one of the girls dressers. I nearly bought the same bright yellow in the picture, it would go perfectly with this pillow from Target that I really love, but I simply don't have a room that features bright yellow so I had to pass and go for a bright pink for "the pink room" at the new house. I'm excited about how well it's turning out, I may put some pink crystal nobs on it, we'll see.
Another Do-it-yourself project that I finished up last week was transforming this comforter into something more cozy. It was really just a trial run before I (maybe) re-do my comforter. I used the flat sheet from a $7 sheet set that I bought at Target the reverse side is from a sheet set that we don't use any more. It was the first time I'd used my sewing machine in years and you can kinda tell. It turned out pretty heavy but very warm and snuggly, and K-A loves it! I did it in just one day - only a couple hours because I used the big sheets. I am looking forward to trying it again... after we move ;p

If you'd like to see the pics of the Augusta house that I took over the weekend click here! :)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Love the colors! Can't wait to see a picture of the final product!