Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Monday, February 1, 2010

moving

It's official. We're moving. We got the final approval last night. So as long as everything goes according to plan we'll be moving in anywhere from two to four months. We told the kids last night and they took the news way better than we thought they would. The one thing that they were worried about was being "the new kid" at school. They really, really didn't want that. I don't know anything about all that, since I was home schooled, we offered to home school them until the start of the new school year, so we'll see how that pans out. We go up to Augusta in a couple weeks to spend more time with the people who my husband will be working with at this new branch and to see the area we'll be living in. I'm looking forward to that a lot!

I've been really emotional about this move. I realize more and more how much I've loved living here. I've been so blessed with our kid's school and with friends who have become like family to me and who have encouraged me and prayed with me through the worst couple years of my life. It's hard to leave that and go to someplace where I don't know anyone. It's overwhelming and scary and sometimes I just don't feel brave enough to start over again.

On the flip side, this is Daniel's dream job. He has waited so long for an opportunity like this. Also it will be nice for Daniel to get a raise for the first time in what feels like forever, money might not buy happiness but it certainly helps the stess levels! I am fully prepared to fall in love with living in Augusta and I am hopeful that I will find a church and a mom's group and make a new group of friends. I'm looking forward to finally having the kids in ballet classes, and trying again with my photography business.

On another note, I bought the cutest place mats at Target yesterday. They are so bright and cheerful! I totally love the pattern. They have them in blue too and the most adorable valentines day ones. I think I would buy a whole kitchen set in this pattern if it was available! I bought a little tea towel to brighten up the kitchen. It never ceases to surprise me how these little touches of beauty make such a difference!

1 comment:

Em112000 said...

I moved 3 times from the time I was 8 to the time I was 13. My dad worked for the airlines, so he got transferred a lot. I totally understand being the new kid! It's a hard adjustment but I became very close to my parents in the process!