Visit me at my new blog Sweet Violet Photography

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

another sunny day

It was another day at home with sick kids. Beth was well enough to go to school, for which I am very thankful, however Emma still had a fever and some body aches for most of the day. Katie-Abigail and Josiah are completely fed up and were fighting all morning. I have totally forgotten which day it is and am tired and ready for things to get back to normal. Thankfully the weather has turned sunny and so we were able to spend a little bit of time out of doors which was really really nice. I was finally able to take a photo of Molly, our dog, who got a nice hair cut over the weekend. It's like we have a new dog! It can be tricky to photograph on a bright sunny day, I was looking for areas with diffused light. I ended up using my own shadow a couple times and got some pretty interesting results.

I got a really sweet email from a dear friend of mine saying how much she'd miss us when we have moved. I felt really sad about that. Beth cried last night about moving away from all of her friends. I want to do that too sometimes. I love my friends so much and it is so hard to think about moving away.
But then I also spent some time today doing house hunting on the internet. I didn't know this before but craigslist is an excellent place to find listings for homes for rent! There is something deliciously exciting about the prospect of moving into a new home. I don't know what it is. It's like getting a fresh start or starting a new year.
Today I also got a call for to schedule some product photography. That is so encouraging. I really hope to seriously start my photography business again after we move. It is so hard to maintain momentum, and it took a ton of effort to get as much business as I did last year, which was pathetically little. But anything of value takes an tremendous amount of effort, though, right?

No comments: